Oral vs Topical for Skin Benefits?

I’ve been lurking for a bit and now decided to officially join your forum.

I’m interested in rapamycin for a few reasons: for my dog who has spinal disease, for longevity in particular the potential fertility benefits, but also for aesthetic reasons (don’t hate me! :sweat_smile: )

My question is whether oral or topical rapamycin for skin health is best? By skin health I mean things like sun damage, wrinkles, collagen and elastin etc.

Is there more evidence for topical preparations for specifically skin anti-aging? I saw someone on here saying they’ve stopped applying it topically because of potential negative effects.

Have any of you taking it by mouth seen aesthetic benefits? I couldn’t see this listed as a positive side effect from the survey (in FAQs).

At the moment I’m leaning towards taking it in tablet form because I am interested in the longevity effects too so that just makes sense.

I’m doing my best reading through papers and scouring the posts on here, and I realise there aren’t really many answers - but I’d love to know what you all think!

3 Likes

Yes, that’s what I would recommend. I am not a believer that rapamycin applied topically will have any significant effect on skin. IMO it doesn’t hurt to add to your favorite cream, but I wouldn’t expect to see a whole lot of difference because of it.

3 Likes

Welcome aboard. Rapamycin applied topically to the skin may cause facial acne, at least in my case.

1 Like