One Side Effect Not Many Talk About - Metallic Taste in Mouth

Hello everyone,

I’ve been taking 3mg/day caplets of Rapamune (Sirolimus) for the last 13 months.

I’ve had some acne but not much so it was ok.

However, I’ve been experiencing tasting problems since the last 2 months. I no longer taste salt and everything taste really weird. I think I taste some metal too, like you do, but I dont really know how metal is supposed to taste.

I was wondering if you have problems tasting salty meals too.

Is there a way to stop this side-effect?

Thanks!

1 Like

3mg a day!

Treatment for?

2 Likes

You made me doubt but I double-checked and yes it’s 1mg caplets and I take 3 everything morning.

I have a « malformation veineuse » in french so I guess it’s something like « venous malformation » or « hemangioma ».

I didn’t know I was taking a lot compared to some of you.

1 Like

You are taking 3mg of rapamycin a day for venous malformations{VM]?

Thats a very high dose, typically used for organ transplant patients.

See our dosung write up here What is the Rapamycin Dose / Dosage for Anti-Aging or Longevity?

2 Likes

Also i strongly recommend you learn as much as you can about rapamycin if you are going to continue to take such a high dose Rapamycin Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

2 Likes

You’re right, my doctor told me it is typically used for organ transplant patient but studies showed it has effects on cancer tumors too so my health problem is similar to those cancers.

After 8 months, the malformation (tumor) went from 5cm to 4 cm approx.

My doctor is an emminent immunologist so I guess (Hope) he knows what he’s doing

Are you all taking Rapamycin as organ transplant patients?

Thanks for your answers

2 Likes

Most members on this forum that take rapamycin off label, are taking it for possible health extension/life extension.

3 Likes

OK - all good. I was just concerned that you were taking rapamycin at high dosing without any doctor supervision. Yes - there is good data to show rapamycin has positive effects on some tumors and cancers.

1 Like