New Rapamycin User, seeking advice and best practices

Nor I, you. We’ll call a peace treaty.

2 Likes

I can’t say I tracked it or tested to check this - sorry. I was more testing higher doses to see if I had any noticeable side effects (I did not). I will at some point try it again and will do lab tests to check on changes. I also would like, in the future, to do a test where I take a higher dose of sirolimus (or everolimus) and then do a blood test for blood sirolimus levels 2 hours after taking the dose, then 1 day later, 2 days later, 5 days later and 7 days later - to try to get a good idea of what my dose/blood level curve looks like.

One thing I’m unclear on right now is if the blood sirolimus level test is the same for both sirolimus and everolimus… so I need to do research on that also.

If anyone knows - please post.

1 Like

“I also would like, in the future, to do a test where I take a higher dose of sirolimus (or everolimus) and then do a blood test for blood sirolimus levels 2 hours after taking the dose, then 1 day later, 2 days later, 5 days later and 7 days later - to try to get a good idea of what my dose/blood level curve looks like.”

I really hope you can do that. It would be very interesting and informative.
What are your thoughts on 5mg/week vs 10mg every two weeks?

1 Like

Interesting. I am 64 in menopause for 7? Years the Rapamycin seems to be reversing menopause, I have been having hot flashes mood swings and spotting!

Would love to know if anyone is testing their hormones before and during Rapamycin.

4 Likes

Females have lower TOR levels and are also more sensitive to TOR inhibition.

Do you have any references to support that? It does make sense given that females are smaller than males, but I don’t recall seeing any study that compared mTOR levels and sensitivity between males and females.

2 Likes

I’m curious. How much/often were you taking?

I’m menopausal and the levels I checked seem to have shifted slightly with no change in my estradiol patch dosage. I did add 25mg dhea QD in addition to rapamycin in the past year.

2 Likes

I was in the pearl clinical trial so I was either taking nothing, 5 mg or 10! Once a week. I weigh approximately 135. They were using a compounded sirolimous. After about 6 months everything settled back down. So no more spotting or mood swings. I was quite sure I was on some form of Rapa because of the mouth sores and spotting.

3 Likes