Netflix: Live to 100, Secrets of the Blue Zones (new streaming show)

People with Netflix subscriptions (and the broader population with people’s passcodes), please report on what you think of this new show airing soon:

GET READY TO BINGE! Live to 100: Secrets of the Blue Zones, a four-part series, will debut on @Netflix on Aug. 30th.

Travel around the world with @danbuettner (explorer, @natgeo Fellow, Blue Zones founder) to discover five unique communities where people live extraordinarily long and vibrant lives.

LIVE TO 100: SECRETS OF THE BLUE ZONES:

Watch Live to 100: Secrets of the Blue Zones | Netflix Official Site](Watch Live to 100: Secrets of the Blue Zones | Netflix Official Site

And the book:

6 Likes

The newest blue zone is Singapore.

2 Likes

Dan is very handsome but he does not take care of his skin. At 63 he should not have skin like this.

1 Like

Just watching the second episode and it features a scientist called Dr Gianni Pes.

Nice to see he’s explored the TOR pathway:

Excerpt:

Amplification and/or activation of the c‐Myc proto‐oncogene is one of the leading genetic events along hepatocarcinogenesis. The oncogenic potential of c‐Myc has been proven experimentally by the finding that its overexpression in the mouse liver triggers tumor formation. However, the molecular mechanism whereby c‐Myc exerts its oncogenic activity in the liver remains poorly understood. Here, we demonstrate that the mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1 (mTORC1) cascade is activated and necessary for c‐Myc‐dependent hepatocarcinogenesis. Specifically, we found that ablation of Raptor , the unique member of mTORC1, strongly inhibits c‐Myc liver tumor formation. Also, the p70 ribosomal S6 kinase/ribosomal protein S6 and eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4E‐binding protein 1/eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4E signaling cascades downstream of mTORC1 are required for c‐Myc‐driven

2 Likes

Really enjoying this series. Just finished episode #1 and #2. Okinawa, Sardinia, and Loma Linda. I found myself pining to live at any of these spots for their culture and how they view aging and the ‘old’. Recommend watching.

2 Likes

Terrific serie! I thought i new everything about the blue zones already, but definitely gained new insights about aging slow and with grace from it.

One thing that became much clearer to me after seeing it, is that, If you want to upgrade your longevity game, it’s definitely by a more holistic approach than keeping track of another blood marker, and adding a 35:th supplement.

A must see for everyone in this community!

2 Likes