My Rapamycin Journey log

I took my second dose of 2mg with olive oil, on Tuesday morning, after my oatmeal breakfast. I did not feel anything good nor bad. Nothing to report so far.

4 Likes

I’d suggest consulting a lipidologist. You’re probably spending too much on labs. Once you’ve got Lp(a) once - apoB is cheap and works - some places are $2 cash pay.

Rosuvastatin has a long half-life and some people who have intolerance seem to be able to take it every other day or once per week with slightly less LDL-C lowering.

2 Likes

Thank you for your input. I am discussing with an MD that had the statin prescribed for me.

My multiple measurements of Lp(a) were more of an experiment trying to see how much it will change with diet changes. I gave up on measuring at the beginning of this year.

At the moment I dropped the ezetimibe and I am taking 2.5 mg rosuva per day, which means splitting the lowest concentration (5mg) pill in half.

1 Like

I took my third dose on Monday, 3mg with olive oil after oatmeal breakfast. Again, I did not feel anything good nor bad. Nothing to report so far.

My wife on same dose as me said she had a little headache, but could be unrelated.

3 Likes

Small update. I took 4mg last week and this week on Monday I jumped to 6 mg. Again no effects felt. I start to wonder if I am talking saw dust or the real deal. I will have to test surolimus blood level soon.

4 Likes

I think at that rate feeling nothing is normal. I feel nothing at 16mg (4+GFJ) but I went a year or so at 4 and 6 per 12 days. Up and down noticing cramps or other minor side effects.

I’d wait till you get side effects to test.

2 Likes

Both of you are relatively young, right? It’s like fixing a new car. Don’t expect to see much. Now, for us old clunkers, it’s a different story.

6 Likes

I dont plan on going above 6mg for the moment, so not sure if I will get any side effects any time soon.

I am 37, soon to be 38, but I was still hoping to feel something.

4 Likes

I’m up to 5 mg per week and still don’t feel anything either. No effects at all, good or bad as far as I can tell. I was going to keep increasing and stop at 7mg per week, but might go to 10mg per week instead.

I’m committed to continuing though, and I knew it was possible to not see short-term effects because I’m a bit younger and in good shape.

2 Likes

Exactly. The adjustments and repair are more like maintenance. The changes are subtle and more of your golden age gets extended.

We older guys and gals…have more to fix… so rapamycin benefits are noticeable and immediate.

2 Likes

IMO anything that works improves Gene Expression. That enables your body to gradually function at a higher level. You should also potentially see either functional improvements or at least less deterioration than was happening otherwise. It also may provide additional ROS for the cytosol which enables cells to fight infection without calling upon the immune system.

1 Like

And how one should measure this?

1 Like

Which cytosolic ROS or Gene Expression?

1 Like

I was thinking about both.

1 Like

Measuring things at the cellular level is quite hard particularly as in vitro measurements will not necessarily recreate the correct environment.

Hence you need to try to identify things at a macro level.

On the issue of Gene Expression the increase in Alternative Splicings which has been measured demonstrates this. I take the view that my experiments that result in an increase in facial hair in places which have not had this previously demonstrate this.

As far as cytosolic ROS goes again it is possible to see things at a macro level as to how infection is fought.

One thing I observed for the last 2 nights (I took the 6 mg dose on Monday morning), for both me and my wife, is a decrease in sleep quality. It takes mes significantly longer to fall asleep and I feel my heart beat is increased. I like hearing my heart while I rest my head on the e pillow and I am very used to the feeling.

I am normally bradycardic, my resting heart rate is below 55bpm but the last 2 nights it was well above 65.

Maybe it is a coincidence. I will keep this in my back of my mind.

3 Likes

Yes, after my dose I literally can feel the pulse throughout my body - hear it in my head. Makes for rough sleeping.

1 Like

I have conflicting feelings. How is something that is supposed to extend lifespan so disruptive of sleep.

1 Like

The earlier in the morning you take it, the less disruptive. Caffeine is good for you too, just don’t drink espresso before bed if you want to sleep well.

1 Like

I think for most people it doesn’t have any effect on sleep as long as you take it in morning. And after the first day i think most people have improved sleep.

2 Likes