My Rapamycin Journey log

Yes, after my dose I literally can feel the pulse throughout my body - hear it in my head. Makes for rough sleeping.

1 Like

I have conflicting feelings. How is something that is supposed to extend lifespan so disruptive of sleep.

1 Like

The earlier in the morning you take it, the less disruptive. Caffeine is good for you too, just don’t drink espresso before bed if you want to sleep well.

1 Like

I think for most people it doesn’t have any effect on sleep as long as you take it in morning. And after the first day i think most people have improved sleep.

2 Likes

Ok, will see how it goes for future doses. Maybe my last 3 nights sleep issue is unrelated to rapa.

Did you start at a low dose and slowly increase week to week? See this thread: What is the Rapamycin Dose / Dosage for Anti-Aging or Longevity?

Yes, started at 1 mg and increased by 1 per week.

And your sleep issues only started when you got to 6mg of rapamycin, or did you see some impact at lower doses?

AIUI autophagy disrupts the circadian proteins.

I have not reported on a weekly basis, since nothing changed so far. I am still at 6mg/week and I dont feel any side effects or benefits so far.

Will redo my blood tests soon and will report some results.

5 Likes

Give the fact that I dont feel much in terms of benefits and side effects, I took a sirolimus blood test today.

I took the pills at 8 AM with olive oil after my oatmeal breakfast and the blood was drawn at 9:50. So 1h and 50 mins after I took the pills.

What should be the sirolimus blood level I should expect?

2 Likes

It would be good between 20 and 30, but you didn’t mention how much you take or how big you are.

I’m 155lb and take 4mg with GFJ and mine was 27. 10 days later close to 2. Everybody is different and I think it is good you took the test. Some argue that since we don’t know what the dose needs to be exactly it’s a waste of money and just go by side effects, but I like numbers and knowing the product I bought worked like it should.

3 Likes

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head. Different doses are required for different body sizes. I am at 211 lbs, so I probably need a much higher dosage than say someone who is 90 lbs. I am not even sure it is directly scalable. It may be that a dramatically higher dosage is needed for larger individuals like in the case of vitamin D3.

2 Likes

25ohd is absorbed by fat cells

I finally got my result and, as I was saying in my previous post, after 1h and 50 mins after taking 6mg rapacan, my blood levels were 11.2 µg/L

I don’t know if this is good or bad though.

The truth is that nobody really knows the best dose.

Most people figure they want the highest dose they can take without suffering side effects. The only way to find out is to increase dosage until side effects are seen, then back off some. It’s a bad strategy because some of the side effects are not consistent at a given dosage. Having said that, you should be more careful because of your age. At my age, I’m not really worried about it.

If a person takes maybe the equivilent of 16mg/week then their trough is pretty close to what your peak is. You’re playing it very safe in my opinion. But I’m a farmer, not a doctor.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. Not very clear about your message. Are you saying it is bad I am playing it safe and I should increase the dosage ?

You wrote that you took the pills (6mg?)at 8 AM with olive oil after my oatmeal breakfast and the blood was drawn at 9:50. So 1h and 50 mins after I took the pills.

Just EVOO gave you an almost double or 2 times boost 11.2 mg. Good to know.

1 Like

It’s not 11.2 mg but 11.2 µg/L. Looks like nobody has clear parameters for trough levels for longevity purpose. The trough level of 11 µg/L (in transplant patients), measured 24 hours after the last dose, would indicate a medium high level of immunosuppression. The adequate level of immunosuppression (for transplant patients) is from 3 µg/L to 20 µg/L.

3 Likes

[quote=“LaraPo, post:76, topic:3254”]
…“Looks like nobody has clear parameters for trough levels for longevity purpose.”…
[/quote]

We do not have any dosing/ metric for human longevity using rapamycin.

As I have posted several times.

We PFA* the dose.

*Pluck from Air

We are all looking for the black cat in the dark room.

We all find/think we find the/a cat.

And all the cats are different.

2 Likes