My DAV* Therapy begins! *Doxycycline, Azithromycin and Vitamin C

Azithromycin is neuroprotective drug

https://www.knowledge-share.eu/en/patent/azithromycin-as-a-neuroprotective-drug/

7 Likes

Ah I see, thanks for digging it up, knew my positive effects were not just placebo.

1 Like

You’re right. They bioengineered the mice. The article by Derek Lowe below cured my confusion.

https://www.science.org/content/blog-post/cellular-rejuvenation-real

1 Like

So instead of DAV, AV might be just as good?

What’s the rationale for Doxycycline?

No - this paper discussing OSKM is a completely unrelated type of use of doxycycline, it has nothing to do with a therapeutic use of doxycycline. This is using doxycycline as a way to turn on a genetic modification in this special mouse strain:

The authors used a mutant mouse strain with a defective Lmna gene, which animals are known to suffer from premature aging and other disorders (likewise humans with mutations in the homologous gene). They crossed these with another mouse strain that had been engineered with an inducible gene cassette for OSKM expression, producing prematurely aged mice who could have extra OSKM proteins expressed on exposure to doxycycline.

If you want to learn more about this type of technique - here are some resources:

2 Likes

Link to another thread about doxcycline.

3 Likes

Another link

3 Likes

I take Dasatanib & Quercetin (with Fisetin) every two weeks (on a Saturday). I started the DAV protocol yesterday and I’m due my D&Q this Saturday. I’m tempted to continue as before - partly because I know there will be risks (e.g. combined QT intervals etc.) but I only do the D&Q once a fortnight so I think the risks are significantly reduced. I think (that word again…) the adverse effects of dasatinib only emerge with daily long term usage. Anything I am forgetting, not considering, or otherwise missing? (P.S. Monday’s are my rapamycin days and given that I started DAV on Tuesday while rapa was still in my system, and had no negative effects, I am also thinking of continuing my rapa weekly 6mg - which I’d already been taking with 100mg of doxy anyway). I’m asking this well informed community as I respect and value your feedback (but take full responsibility for my own decisions/actions) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I started my DAV protocol last Sunday, so it’s still too early to report on side effects.
Rapamycin and doxycycline appear to have a synergistic effect. That is why I took my weekly dose of rapamycin with my vitamin C, doxycycline, and azithromycin on the first day.

“Our results highlight that long-term/continuous doxycycline combined with rapamycin significantly decreased or even stopped cell proliferation leading to a degrading different cell culture system, especially in breast cancers”

Azithromycin is also an mTOR inhibitor, though not as strong as rapamycin. I don’t know if that is good or bad in regards to taking rapamycin with the DAV protocol.

“Azithromycin is a bacteriostatic macrolide with mTOR inhibitory activity”
“There are no known drug interactions between azithromycin and mTOR inhibitors”
In the study below, if I read it correctly they got better results with azithromycin than rapamycin because of lower effects on the immune system.

9 Likes

+1 to some sort of synergy between Rapa and DAV. I have not experienced mouth sores (on or next day) after Rapamycin while on DAV.

5 Likes

Well, I’ve stayed off this forum because it seems to be more negative feedback lately- definitely trolling, I am thinking Reddit and X are a better space at this time! … I’m almost finished with DAV, absolutely zero side effects go for blood test in 10 days I feel great!

7 Likes

A couple of days left! Everything was great except for this topic on this forum where IMO was a little hostile with folks that know it all! :wink:

I feel great and will get blood test done the following week- I am not expecting anything relevant I am healthy and fit but thought it was a great experiment to kill any senescent cells while I am healthy!

7 Likes

I hear you and I’m tempted to agree with you. However, I think we should not become so sensitive at a point where people will think twice before they share their stories/experiences. I for once I have absolutely no problem with people different point of view and don’t even care even if they are rude to me.
So as far as me, go ahead and use every single insulting word there is in the dictionary (if it makes you feel good)LOL but don’t expect me to reciprocate. The worst that will happen is, it will get me to chuckle. By same talking, I will not shy away from saying how or what I feel about a subject that comes up on these boards. As a side note (and for kicks) a while back being in a corporate board meeting, and one of the members who was known to be a mushy guy said to me (before he was about to oppose what i proposed), well I’m sorry that what I’m going to say is going to hurt your feelings, but bla…bla… I laughed pretty hard and said “DUDE YOU’LL HAVE TO RUN an 18-WHEELER OVER MY BODY IF YOU WANT TO HURT MY FEELINGS, AND EVEN THEN I WOULD STILL LIKE TO THINK MY FEELING WILL BE FINE(MY BODY PROBABLY NOT)”.

MORAL OF THE STORY BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL, BUT SAY WHATEVER YOU LIKE, AND ABOVE ALL BE A DAMN MAN and or a woman.:slight_smile: .

Generally, speaking I agree with admin’s moto of “hard on science, easy on people”.

4 Likes

So, you’re saying that you’re not a snowflake? :rofl:

4 Likes

But he grilled some bloke for botching my pronouns so… :laughing:

Most of the comments made here about the ‘DAV’ protocol were the opinions of some ppl who basically googled a study and commented based on there interpretation and ideas of the studies.

Most comments made were not relevant to the actual academic study😂.

I am guessing the majority of folks on this forum are not scientists but are simply part of this human scientific project!

It’s not about hurt feelings it’s about the BS of some members comments that make no sense only noise and they know who they are! :clown_face:

5 Likes

Looks like safety has been proven for a few, except for some gut microbiome issues for one. But what do we expect from the regimen? If the mechanism of action is senolytic, then we can compare with other anecdotal evidence of senolytics. Below is a sampling of personal experience from members of the age reversal forum, after taking fisetin.

1. I saw an immediate 20-25 % increase in my chin ups and pull ups which was quantifiable; and great improvement in my color vision which I cannot quantify. Age 82

2. My muscles in general are firmer and overall strength is amazing. My mind is clear, thinking concise and dynamic. I feel more dominant, self confident, and aggressive. Libido is enhanced as well. Another effect is the firming up of muscles. And the first place I noticed strength and activity was in the thighs. Age 43

3. I have also experienced what previously have been expressed in this thread, That my legs have had more strength and I have had a light and energetic mental state, almost feeling a bit euphoric. but that have been 3-4 days after the treatment. I feel it coming today. Three days after the treatment. It also increased libido.

Could be placebo. But if some supplement could make me believe in growing back my scalp hair, I’ll start immediately.

Hope to hear about results soon.

3 Likes

Why are you pausing Rapa during your DAV period?

BTW, As I said earlier i stopped DAV after one week because DOXY was giving uncomfortable upper stomach pain, but also wanted to add I felt bloated a bit, and seemed like I wasn’t digesting food as good as before. So there will definitely be no DAV for me going forward. I will however use sparingly AZI (if I get an infection) since my body handled AZI way better than DOXY, I even got some anti-inflammatory effect in days I used AZI. Weirdly enough for me DOXY seemed the opposite-felt as if it was causing perhaps a bit of inflammation, but definitely not anti-inflammatory.

2 Likes

Mogil, was the doxycycline in capsules or tablets?

And which type, doxycycline hyclate or monohydrate: doxycycline?