Moringa Not effective in humans

According to the only two human studies done on Moringa, it does not appear effective.

Unfortunately I just bought Moringa powder. :frowning:

Glycine and NAC are recommended instead by Dr. Stanfield to lower blood sugar and inflammation.

1 Like

Lol is there a supplement you donā€™t take?

I just cant get my head around your thinking? Isnā€™t it basic science to test one variable at a time?

1 Like

We only have 1 life to experiment with, so we have to find the optimal supplements. With that said though I have grown tired of taking so many supplements and want to get rid of as many as I can and only continue with the supplements that clearly give me a (subjective) benefit

3 Likes

I tend to take quite a stack for various reasons. However, what I aim to do is to limit the variations and test frequently. Hence I think I can see the impact on various measurements. I vary what I do depending upon when I am doing the tests. For example I have run simple variations on Vitamin D intake in two forms Cholecacliferol and 25OHD. This enables generating a formula which I could use to predict the effect on my serum 25OHD based upon the two inputs.

Whilst doing this, however, I was also taken perhaps another 15 substances. There does appear, however, to be synergistic effects from certain combinations that could not be identified from a single input.

Furthermore there is also food (and drink) which will impact and is harder to quantify.

1 Like

At least gather robust data over a number of months before introducing another molecule. For example I have taken creatine off and on for 25 years.

1 Like

I will be honest here. I copied RapAdmins stack and ordered Moringa because he was taking it. I havenā€™t even received the Moringa yet. I will probably not re-order it based on this video.

I also just got lithium orotate today as well. Hopefully that will be effective. And I am adding dried parsley powder that was delivered today to my lunch salads for the Apigenin.

2 Likes

There has been much testing of moringa - an important source of nutrition in poorer countries. Dr. Rhonda Patrick has discussed this on her vlogs many times. It is believed to have many desirable effects. Just because one MD said to use GlyNac instead of Moringa wouldnā€™t sway me. I even have Moringa trees in my Florida garden. (I also take GlyNac - you donā€™t need to choose between them.)

5 Likes

The point is that Moringa failed to show adequate results in two independent trials. I think that puts Moringa in the ā€˜Could be good but no studies have proved thatā€™ category. I donā€™t think I would spend any more money on supplements in this category. Although I do take NMN because I can feel the results, and I like them. Who knows? Maybe I will feel the same way when I finish my Moringa powderā€¦

1 Like

Effective at what?
In the first study it didnā€™t lower blood glucose levels - but I donā€™t take for blood glucose modulation.
In the second study, it didnā€™t lower oxidative stress, but again, thats interesting, but not that relevant.

I believe the science behind NRF2 activation is around lowering cancer risk, (and the IPT studies extending lifespan)
The data still looks good on those aspects of NRF2 activation. Moringa is just another way, like sulforaphane, to get good nrf2 activation and there us a lot of data showing that is a good thingā€¦

3 Likes

The many Youtube videos about moringa are reasonably compelling. I saw it as a way to get many supplements in one, especially for poorer countries. However, I am in the process of eliminating supplements down to those with compelling evidence for cognitive and CV health.

2 Likes

I pretty much disregard anything Brad has to say. I think heā€™s more interested in attention and YouTube hits than anything else.

3 Likes

yehā€¦ heā€™s young, with not a lot of experience and is trying to cover a really broad array of therapeutic areas - all the supplements, plus drugs, plus exercise, etc., so heā€™s basically a mile wide and only a few inches deep in terms of coverage, or deeper in a few areas (e.g. in these specific papers above on moringa), but missing the broader research coverage in the area. I donā€™t know if anyone could truly cover such a broad area well. So I just take him as one input of many.

4 Likes

The thing I like about Brad is he is just like a news reporter. He presents scientific research and provides comments based on the research. He focuses a lot on meta-analysis. So, the ideas he presents are usually backed up by research which is exactly what I am looking for.

2 Likes

He have also said that exercise and diet should be 99% of your longevity regime and supplementation 1%.
He should be selling dietary plans and gym membershipsā€¦But all he does is selling overpriced supplements.

1 Like

Agree he may be stretched too thin. Though he gets kudos from me for trying to raise funds for a Rapamycin clinical trial in humans and taking on a certain resveratrol guru and pointing out that he is not using the science. As far as moringa is concerned, there have been far more than two trials and some did show benefit. Just search pubmed

1 Like

More on NRF2:

Conditions that NRF2 activators like Moringa / Sulforaphane seem to help prevent/treat:

Review article (Full PDF):

2 Likes

I brought together some of the research on the spectrum of responses to ROS/Hypoxia where NRF2 is in the middle and did a post a while ago. (with the links to the papers)

Maybe I stopped watching him too quickly. I actually agree with that. But if that was 99% of my longevity regime, I would be failing miserably. Because I donā€™t always do as I ought.