More Rapamycin Might Not Be Better

My serum Iron has been reasonably consistent, but ferritiin has trended down. Doing weekly blood tests involves losing 10-15ml of blood a week. However, I don’t think that is the cause of the reduction in ferritin.

Iron level for the last few tests. Previously it was close to 2000.

1 Like

Here are my Iron first line (microMolar) and ferritin (micrograms per litre) figures since the start of December 2023

10.7 14 5.5 15 26 13.2 14 13 18 17.8
103.21 96 101.3 108 93 101 56 52.3 56.1 71.3

In early 2022 my Ferritin was more like 3-400.

How did it drop? When did you start rapamycin?

Thx

I cannot say what caused this beyond that it does not appear to be rapamycin. That is because it mainly dropped before i started rapamycin. It tended to link with citrate, but i cannot say that was the cause.

I was hoping it will reduce my iron levels.

1 Like

So here I am 3 months later… and I just did a complete blood screen and panel… 7 vials of blood… including a Labcorp trough of rapamycin in my system – my last rapamycin dose 1 week ago. And, 2 hours post dose of 4 mg rapamycin taken with GFJ another draw… 2 more vials… for a t-max. So will see what is happening in my blood.

I requested a test of my “free testosterone” numbers… something new for me. Will have results next week. So testosterone level with free T too.

Also, minutes ago, I did my TruMe spit… methylation test … will be 4 weeks to get results and I did a GlycanAge blood sample test… takes 4 to 6 weeks for results. These are my prefered biological markers tests.

Now going on 3 years 8 months into continuous use of rapamycin. I think with these tests… some conclusions can be made.

On a set dose of 4 mg rapamycin taken with 5 fluid ounces of fresh squeezed red grapefruit…for the past year. I should finally have enough information to see if I have improved or maintained in my biological markers. Good results and I will continue here on out with my weekly dose of 4 mg rapamycin chased with five fluid ounces of fresh squeezed red grapefruit.

I will post my past 3 years results in graphs… from TruMe and GlycanAge.

I also will be getting my second coronary calcium scan… to look for calcium/plaque in my arteries. Last test … 2 years ago was zero. And, will do a DEXA to see if vitamin K-2, rapamycin and Taurine has improved my bone density. I was told at last results… bone density can’t get better… only maintain. I will find out if I can improve the numbers.

I think from seeing on this site the variety of effects and benefits - each user responds uniquely… but perhaps this difference is in part due to phenotype, blood type and genetics.

The only way you’re going to know if there are health changes… both benefits or detriments is by testing. I’ve seen both good and bad in my dosing. I have been testing regularly since my first year on rapamycin. I post to give you readers an idea of what’s working or not for me.

However, unless you test yourself. You’re not going to know what’s working for you.

For me, waiting for those results blood panel, dexa, coronary scans TruMe and GlycanAge is a little bit like waiting for Christmas.

I will present my linear, rapamycin testing history and see if a health span… life span pattern is emerging. More soon!

9 Likes

@Agetron Looking forward to hearing your fantastic results buddy! Are you doing weekly or biweekly doses? (Every 2 weeks)

I’m also doing the 4 mg + GFJ biweekly now.

2 Likes

Doing the same Chris… 4mg zydus… only doing it weekly and also with GFJ. My sweetspot I hope. The tests will tell.

In general, I feel like I’m about 50 years old. Thinking, mind/memory, muscles, energy, lack of any pain…all’s going perfect.

4 Likes

@Agetron , I’m really surprised your doc hasn’t checked free T. Your protocol is a bit old school with the very high dose, low frequency, and need for the AI, but we know you feel good on it and everyone is different so I wish you continued success with it, of course! Still, it’s very unusual to be on TRT without focusing on free T as the relevant metric, since SHBG and albumin bind testosterone. Total T is less relevant as a biomarker.

The free T by dialysis test (I’ve used LabCorp) is an expensive way of measuring free T directly, but otherwise it needs to be calculated from total T, SHBG, and albumin. Calculating it is by far the cheapest and most common approach. Maybe the test you ordered uses this as the method (some do).

https://www.issam.ch/freetesto.htm

1 Like

I think because I’ve been doing well on this protocol for 4 years. There’s no reason to change.

I know some who do the skin gel or take their testosterone every few days to keep it at a balanced level.

But I don’t have swings, or at least feel them… so sticking to the weekly dose plan. Plus less likely to interfere with my weekly rapamycin. Take one or the other every 3-4 days… so they don’t conflict.

They took a vial for my free T by dialysis test - likely LabCorp… it might be an expensive way of measuring free T directly, but covered in my insurance.

Will be interesting to see.

2 Likes

Hey, if it ain’t broke, why fix it? I’ve actually been very curious about your free T also. :joy:

I also favor the dialysis test, but don’t always get it.

2 Likes