Money Transfer Accounts Closed

In case this is of help to someone.

I have a Wise personal + business account, and they operate through the same login.

Wanted to order rapamycin and pay for it, but didn’t want to risk my Wise account due to business reliance (prior to seeing this thread actually, I was naturally cautious).

I initially tried to use Xe.com - but they closed my account without explaining why after I tried to make the transfer.

Then I tried Xendpay.com - who let me make the transaction, and then the compliance team contacted me to ask what the transfer was for. On the basis that Rapamycin is not illegal, I simply told them the truth about what I was ordering. The compliance team waved the transfer through and it got made.

My only caveat is that the service isn’t as smooth or quick as Wise. Wise is a far superior user experience.

1 Like

Were you ordering from Niba Healthcare and paying through Kotak Mahindra Bank, or some other Indiamart vendor?

Xe.com closed my account due to a $100. tsf to YES Bank in India to the account of Gandhi Pharma. No reason give, money laudering and assorted BS. All Day Chemist will e draft from your account and I’ve done this several times, with no problems. They are highly rated on Trust Pilot.
That said AllDay is 3x as much for same meds.

3 Likes

RapJane, All Day Chemist will e-draft from which account? Do you mean a money transfer account or a standard bank account? Thanks.

I think the risk is lower with better named companies. Anything with “Pharma” in the name is likely to raise red flags. companies with the name of “apple” or “oddway” seem more innocuous.

4 Likes

@Jay, I’ve used ADC for about 9 years for other meds and have paid by echeck and never had one problem.

2 Likes

I will throw my hat in the support of ADC. I usually buy my dermatologics from them; Tretinoin, Hydroquinone. Recently purchased some Doxycycline and Acarbose without issue and MUCH cheaper than my insurance and without having to fight my prescriber on ‘why’.

1 Like

I do ACH transfers with Niba through a third party. It works.

1 Like

You give them the ABA number for your bank, and your account number. I used an account that had only small balances in the beginning as doing this made me a bit nervous. They draft what they call an e-check for the amount due. It is very easy and so far safe. they mostly communicate via email, but they have a representative in the US you can call with questions. I have had 4 shipments with meds (other than rapamycin) that arrived no problems. Shipments don’t have identifiers on them. I have not ordered the rap from them as I am searching for a less expensive source.

1 Like

SorryJay, yes,
regular checking account from a bank.

1 Like

Has anyone used Wise.com recently to transfer money to Kachhela Medex? I use Wise for my business as well and don’t want to take the risk of having my account closed.

I have had several transactions denied by Wise, but unlike some other services, they never threaten to or close my account. I just completed a transaction with Jagdish Nikose of R L Pharma for some more rapamycin. They questioned who I was sending to at R L Pharma and I just gave them Nikose’s name and the transaction went through.

4 Likes

Thanks so much! This is very helpful!

1 Like

Used Wise to Pay Kachhela Medex over 24 hours ago and so far the transaction is proceeding normally. Wise said they’ll have my payment in their account by Monday at the latest. :wink:

1 Like

What did you specify as the reason for transfer?

I selected “Goods or Services” from their drop-down and gave no additional information.

2 Likes

I have often wanted to use that ach but have never found vendors to accept that method.If they don’t take credit card then they will often take like a whatever u call it like taking a check out of your account but u don’t actually write a check but they are able to debit your account such as the irs can do. i used that Wise service a couple of years or so ago to buy botox as that was the only way the vendor who clearly had the best deal would accept. I just used it like on the fly without having to start an account i thought anyway or maybe i did have to open one not sure but it was the biggest pain in the ass i have ever had to put up with. Since then i have gotten emails that they are changing their policy or something which i was not interested in reading but i am afraid i am/will have to use them again for another purchase of same. I asked the vendor why she insists on having to do it that way as i would prefer for example to wire money into an account but no she would not do that nor anything else within reason.

Brimstone, can I ask what Pharma and what method worked. I’ve tried two vendors now and no luck with ACH or Swift transfers.

Sure! I use Kachhela Medex Private Limited in IndiaMart. They have outstanding customer service and, in my experience, the quickest turnaround time from order to arrival. The company that makes their Rapa is Biocon, which is, in my opinion, a reliable company. For payment I use Revolut. To be clear, Kachhela does not have a Revolut account, but you can enter their name and address as a recipient and the transfer goes through. I avoid ACH because my wife, who has been in charge of ACH transactions for banks for 20+ years, says that overseas transactions can be compromised. Put something other than medicine as a reason for the transfer for Revolut.

ACH is directly bank account to bank account. Wise uses ACH to get the money from my account to convert to INR so if a vendor does not want to, or cannot accept dollars into their account, then of course they will not accept a direct ACH transfer. ACH to my knowledge only transfers the currency of the sender’s account.

1 Like