Millennials Are Aging Faster Than Boomers

2 Likes

This seems true from my observations of people where I live in the US as well. My daughter was born in 1990 and seems to be aging faster than I was at her age. My mom aged prematurely so it could be partially hereditary for her.

1 Like

Interesting. Could it be a diet that millennials consumed from childhood? I was on a natural (no junk food) diet all my childhood in Russia, which I cannot say about my son’s diet in the U.S. It’s almost impossible to avoid highly processed foods in the U.S. unless one becomes a hermit and avoids eating out.

4 Likes

I have noticed this in the general population of children in my neighborhood.
Boys are entering puberty earlier also.
Possibly from the hormones in our food supply, especially meat products.

https://www.cuimc.columbia.edu/news/precocious-puberty-and-why-it-matters#:~:text=Other%20studies%20show%20the%20shift,frequently%20among%20girls%20than%20boys.

2 Likes

I tried my best when she was growing up. There were plenty of times when it was out of my control of course considering the foods available at school, activities and with other relatives/friends.She’s been primarily plant based since going away to college so she probably eats healthier than the standard western diet fwiw. I haven’t seen her in over a year so maybe she’ll be impressed enough to consider rapa for herself!

2 Likes