Metformin dose and schedule

Reminds me of the stunning epigenetic results that Harold got from E5 only to see no significant actual lifespan extension.

2 Likes

These clocks are not validated and lots of self interest from some experts.

3 Likes

2250mg/day metformin is the maximum dose and itā€™s likely that this is lower than the ideal dose (google this)

Acute Effect of Metformin on Postprandial Hypertriglyceridemia through Delayed Gastric Emptying - PMC => 250mg/kg metformin used to finally reduce BG levels (thatā€™s an insane dosageā€¦)

Ugh, TAME study is going to be so weak because theyā€™re not pushing higher doses. One would need more than 10x the dose to reach the concentration that improves longevity in mice.

1 Like

I used to take 2g a day of metformin. However this caused hypoglycemia. This was not good and i ended up in the hospital. You need to be careful with very large doses if you are not diabetic!

Iā€™m not diabetic and started taking 500 Metformin only on the days I take Rapamune. Will have bloodwork done in couple weeks to see the outcomes.

Have you considered testosterone replacement therapy? It could be a huge boon to your muscle mass and healthspan if you can find a doctor to work with you and do it safely.

1 Like

I may ask my doctor the next time I see him. Right now I feel fine and my testosterone is in the low to medium range and I have not seen any loss in muscle mass so far.

1 Like

Do you have any data on the bioavailability impact of metformin on rapa?

Metformin increased the bioavailability of Rapamycin. Unfortunately I donā€™t remember by how much. The information is somewhere on this site.