Metformin and GDF15

Exercise and Urolithin A huh? It’s hard to know what to do about this.

I tried ordering a bunch of yellow raspberries yesterday and they wouldn’t take my credit card for some reason. I’ll try again later. 6 times as much ellagic acid as pomegranites. And they taste really good, which means too much sugar.

2 Likes

To explore which APs are mostly associated with disease-associated phenotypes, we linked each individual AP to AP enriched disease-associated phenotypes. Leading our top 10 proteins we found Growth/differentiation factor 15 (GDF15), a well described aging protein, and Tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 1A and 1B (TNFRSF1A, TNFRSF1B), two receptors from the TNF-superfamily which are predominantly expressed by immune cells. GDF15 was associated with 91 phenotypes, which shared most phenotypes with other proteins from the top 10 (Figure 3D). Together, the top 10 shared a link to 32 phenotypes (Figure 3D), and the top 20 proteins still shared 21 phenotypes (Supplementary Figure S3). This suggests that a large group of APs plays a role across multiple shared diseases. Altogether, these results underline the link between age-associated plasma proteins and age-associated diseases and suggest the probable potential of these proteins in promoting the healthspan and reflecting health status due to their pleiotropic functioning and association to diseases.