Launch of the first Rapamycin podcast - Ross Pelton

I started taking 4mgs 1 x wk approximately 1 year ago. So far, no side effects & blood work has come back the same as (which was excellent) prior to embarking on this journey. My current struggle is figuring out how far to take my protein supplementation (food & supps) in order to maintain or grow muscle w/o counterbalancing the downregulation of mTOR. As a 66 y/o female in need of more protein to facilitate the desired outcome creates a bit of a dilemma. Happy to be a part of this journey.

4 Likes

:+1: Mmm, the protein supplement part is a tricky one. I have been using whey protein for one year and my muscle growth has increased but it feels wrong to increase it so much when my longevity goal is to live long and well. So one thing I will change is to start using vegan protein supplement instead of whey. That feels more aligned with my goal.

2 Likes

Great, I was going to ask you to interview Dr. Green. Looking forward to it.

2 Likes

Even if a racehorse vet or trainer used rapamycin on a horse I’d expect them to be very closed mouthed. Could you imagine the controversy that would create? Slightly off the subject, I have wondered about the military and police using rapamycin on their dogs to prolong their service life.

3 Likes

I think that might happen after the dog aging trial TRIAD study is completed.

3 Likes

It would be of no surprise if rapamycin is being used{by military /police/ security services/ etc], just not spoken about publicly.

2 Likes

The latest video is available! Great job @Krister!

2 Likes

@Krister I don’t think I am the only one anxiously awaiting the release of your Master Series episode with Mikhail Blagosklonny.

Our anticipation is increased and now mixed with concern since no public statements from him can be found since late July.

I dont underestimate the work necessary to produce a polished podcast. But any information or update you can give us at this point on the episode or on the status of Dr. Blagosklonny will be appreciated.

1 Like

I have had big problems in editing the podcast and the editing program has crashed multiple times so I have had to redo things many times. It has been very frustrating and stressful for me this time. So I have spent all my vacation getting this right and got problems with my right shoulder from all the work in front of the computer. I have decided not to push myself even more and sacrifice more of my health by speeding up things :pray: But hopefully next week I will be completed with it. After that I need a break to recover physically and mentally from this.

I have tried to contact Misha but have not got any answer. It can be that he is on a tough cancer treatment currently. A good friend of mine died recently and he also had good periods and bad periods during his treatment. My guess Misha is in one of his bad periods now :heart: But when I spoke to him I was impressed how well he was and this was the 22nd of july. It can also be that he is focusing extra much on writing his book and developing the cancer treatment. Because in the podcast he talks about this and that the July research paper was the last paper he published on Rapamycin. All his focus goes now to develop his cancer treatment to cure his cancer.

6 Likes

I can say the police/sheriff handlers are definitely interested in prolonging the German Shepherd’s lives which are pretty short after they put a lot of time into training them.

I was at a conference of police with their canine partners (treated like their children… maybe even better).

And when I discussed rapamycin and the triad project, they were all perked ears.

My medical conference at a resort coincided with their dog training conference. And that’s how I saw dozens of these trainers… partners with their German Shepherds.They were all German Shepards.

4 Likes

It’s only logical that there would be great interest in extending the lives of service dogs. Barring the catastrophic failure of rapamycin as a life extending drug we will see this happen. It may not be rapamycin but something related as the pharmaceutical companies are no doubt feverishly at work to come up with a blockbuster anti-aging drug that can be patented. The only thing more significant would be an age reversal drug.

2 Likes

@Krister_Kauppi What software do you use? I use Audacity (editing), GarageBand (mixing), and Izotope Rx9 (for problem fixing). All are very reliable, I find. I use Squadcast for remote recording; also reliable.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, Joseph! We should have a talk and share knowledge around this. I have tried Audacity and Final Cut before but I do all my editing in Adobe Premiere latest version and I have a really powerful PC computer. The big problem I got during this episode was in the video editing part on the flow transitions. There were so many video flow transitions so things just crashed multiple times. Luckily I found a work around even if it was very time consuming.

The video recording I do is by using Zoom. The nice thing with Zoom recording is that I get separate audio tracks which makes audio editing very easy. I can for example easily remove a sound from my mic without impacting the sound from the guest etc. Usually I for example remove all “mmm” sounds from me or the guest in the background.

The latest status is that I now create youtube slides to the episode in Photoshop. I have less than 40 minutes left of the episode to create youtube slides on. The full length of the episode is 100 minutes. After that I will go through the podcast a last time and make some small tweaks in the video editing which I have seen is not great. And after that I will just write episode description text with timestamps. create a youtube cover and social media image and then it’s ready to be published. So step by step forward and I start to see the finish line :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ah, your production is much more complicated than mine. I only do audio. Video is too time consuming for me. Do you use the technology for editing the audio and video at the same time by just editing the transcription? That wouldn’t help with the slideshow but it would help reduce the overall complexity. Your production is very well done; I can’t imagine how hard it is to pull together. I didn’t realize that you offered video since I listen on apple podcast.

Great work!

3 Likes

:+1: Yes, I agree it’s time consuming to do the video editing and bonus slides but I feel I get a lot out of it when I do it because this forces me to listen carefully through the episode and deep dive a second time in the guests topic. For example now when I have worked with the Blagosklonny interview I feel that thanks to the creation of the bonus slides I got a much deeper understanding. This has also generated new questions for future episodes to seek answers to. I really love the learning process that I go through in every episode that I do so even if it’s time consuming it gives me a lot back :pray:

6 Likes

This hits home for me! One of the best ways to become an expert on a topic is by producing (and polishing) content about it for others. The primary reason I write and sell books is simply to teach myself about Stoic philosophy:

3 Likes

@Krister_Kauppi Thanks for doing it for us all! I agree that preparing for the interviews, and then preparing the recordings for publication is where most of my personal payoff come from on my own show. There is no money in it but still a lot of reward.

3 Likes

It is unbelievable how much they spend on these dogs!

1 Like

Krister, you could create versions of your podcast for Mandarin, Spanish, etc… to reach a broader audience.

https://twitter.com/eldsjal/status/1706325294481576006

https://open.spotify.com/genre/0JQ5DAqbMKFFE3WXPvSulX

4 Likes

Very interesting! Big thanks for this recommendation!