Just a little humor

Sometimes when you see people that seem a little overly enthusiastic about rapamycin - DeStrider, I’m looking at you - you have to wonder???
DeStrider-“I am having a hard time not upping my dosage of Rapamycin. As most of you recall, I get a euphoric fatigue when I take Rapamycin. Well, after adding 6g of Taurine, the fatigue has dropped off and I am left with only euphoria. The higher the dose, the higher the euphoria. It’s really tempting me to increase my dose.”
RapAdmin-“Hmmm… sounds like a recipe for rapamycin addiction (wink)”
DeStrider-“I guess the feeling is being amazingly happy and healthy. It’s like how you feel after a terrific night’s sleep and then up a level. You feel like skipping and jumping and playing around like you’re a 10-year-old. Euphoria is the only word I have for that.”
So, Rapa sounds like a drug. Is it addicting? Has anybody here just quit - cold turkey? And never relapsed? Is that the reason for this big Rapas Anonymous Group? for support?

9 Likes

A scientifically accurate test put me in Slytherin, so sounds true to me.

Rapamycin: not even once.

DALLE-3

11 Likes

As my post well illustrates, we all have our own unique personalities. You’re not just chatting with an AI chatbot, you’re talking to real, live, quirky human beings. That’s what makes it so fun to be here. If we wanted to be normal, we’d be reading “Reader’s Digest”.

10 Likes

@ng0rge I am touched and honored to be recognized for my euphoric silliness. Rapamycin has helped me to become the man I’ve always wanted to be. Yes, it’s true that I am a Longevity addict. I also suffer from a bit of Pollyannatitis.
I do think Rapamycin will help me live another 10 healthy years. Even if it’s just the placebo effect, that’s good for at least 3 years. :wink:

16 Likes

As one of my 4 pillars of health (diet, exercise, sleep and positive attitude), I would say that sense of humor is a good indicator of positive attitude. And certainly closely related, I’m an optimist. So I look forward to starting Rapamycin and experiencing DeStrider’s glowing report from the “other side”. I can already imagine it - skipping down the street, whistling Zippity Do Dah like Jiminy Cricket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z3bJHUVP2w

Or maybe dancing…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1u2G16fq_Y

Makes me think of Judy Garland singing “Over the Rainbow” and the Wizard of Oz, especially that part where it changes from black and white - to glorious color (that’s what I want Rapamycin to do!). The other movie like that is “Pleasantville”, where 2 modern day teenagers are transported back to the drab, conservative '50s (suddenly in black and white). They start to introduce radical ideas like sex (and strong emotions) to the other kids and of course bright colors start popping out of the screen like blooming roses. (so Rapa here I come). The only little nagging doubt I have is…can you ever go back? (Just tap your heels together 3 times?) Like that old song - “How ya gonna keep 'em down on the farm After they’ve seen Paree?”, I guess you would say - why would you ever want to go back? … But what if I miss Auntie Em?

4 Likes

I suspect you’ll like this from a post a few years ago:

See: What are the Best Rapamycin Memes?

4 Likes

Yes, great! No matter how much I read here (and it’s a lot!) there’s always some corner that I haven’t discovered.
But how do you feel now about your comments from November 2022?
"But I do agree that this is a risk. Rapamycin, as a category of longevity therapeutics, does not want to have its popularity suddenly become so great that it attracts FDA attention and potential punishment/warnings.

Publicity around rapamycin could also drive up prices.

I don’t think a humorous meme would likely have much effect in the grand scheme of things (Tim Ferriss has been talking about rapamycin for years and has millions of followers), but I can see the rationale for concern."
[quote=“mike666, post:30, topic:3831”]
just drawing attention for purpose of humor, I think has a cost-risk benefit not in our favor.
[/quote]

“Yes - I’m now tending to agree with you on this. We’ll stick to the science and issues of implementation going forward. This will be the only humor-focused thread :wink:

4 Likes

I love this list and am here for #1!

4 Likes

Why would you ever want to go back to being unhealthy and having a shorter lifespan?

Also, I’m afraid that some benefits of Rapamycin are permanent. :wink:

4 Likes

I do go back and watch black and white film noir movies but I wouldn’t want to live there. Nostalgia, I guess.
Might be nice to milk a cow tho.

2 Likes

You had me at ‘attack David Sinclair’.

6 Likes

Gee I made the cool kid list.

“Never, ever post a picture of yourself (this doesn’t apply to the women) because, no matter what people say, you will always privately be compared to Agetron - and it won’t be good.”

My BDD… Body dysmorphic disorder keeps me from believing you. But wow!!

Also, I have been on Rapamycin long enough to have regressed to a youthful kid mentality both irreverent and finding humor in everything.

7 Likes

Maybe these are new Rapa side effects?

I’m right there with you bud. Rapamycin improves my sense of humor, makes me more irreverent, and helps me laugh at (almost) everything?

Wait… Aren’t those also symptoms of dementia? :wink:

4 Likes

And @Beth
Ah, yes, our Numero Uno - Sir David. For the Longevity Movement he’s our “Taylor Swift” or maybe (thinking of the tabloid news of the SuperBowl) he’s a combination of Taylor and Kanye West (sort of representing the Yin/Yang/Yeezy of Longevity). He’s seen a meteoric rise to fame as the mainstream media latches on to the new rage. You might expect to see him in Vanity Fair, GQ or on the cover of TIME as person of the year. Paparazzi will soon follow. Speaking of Kanye, one of his movies using music from My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy depicts a relationship between a man, played by Kanye West, and a half-woman, half-phoenix creature (how I imagine the goddess Longevity). So, when I saw this on Wikipedia - "In 2016, Kanye West released his seventh studio album called The Life of Pablo. On the song called “Famous” West raps, “I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex / Why? I made that b*tch famous.” This sparked a controversy with Taylor Swift as she “cautioned him about releasing a song with such a strong misogynistic message.” - I thought, if you just replace “Taylor” with “Longevity”, you can imagine that quote coming from Sir David (in an alternate universe).
Anyway, at next years SuperBowl, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Sir David sharing a luxury SkyBox with Jeff Bezos, Bryan Johnson, Peter Diamandis and Tony Robbins. Hope he doesn’t try to get any famous rappers thrown out of the stadium for diverting the spotlight.

2 Likes

I got my Polar H10 a couple of days ago and I’ve been wearing it almost nonstop ever since. I’m using it with EliteHRV, Polar Flow and Sleep as Android Apps to get resting heart rate, maximum heart rate, heart rate variation and a sleep score (I think it may work for a Vo2 MAX approximation-in PolarFlow, too). After wearing it all night-for a sleep monitor-I woke up thinking, this is what it must feel like for a woman wearing a bra. And the longer I wear it, the more I feel my mentality subtly shifting. The invective “son of a b*tch” which I often mutter, under my breath, is inexplicably being replaced by “daughter of a bastard”. Now when I walk by a mirror, I say “look at those wrinkles, I better do something about that”. I’m suddenly more sympathetic to the people around me. Short of taking Rapamycin, I’m realizing that there’s lots of things you can do to make yourself a better person AND also “it’s not the destination, it’s the journey”.

3 Likes

I wear a polar H10 for about 3 minutes a day. Given your experiences I think that is probably enough.

2 Likes

Come on John… broaden your horizons! It’s a whole new world out there. The world is no longer black and white - like in the fifties - throw in a dash of color! Remember that we are all some combination of masculine and feminine anyway, sometimes it’s just hard to admit it. (never take anything in this thread too seriously, it’s always a little tongue in cheek.)

3 minutes will do me.

2 Likes

As for Dr. Sinclair, I view him as more of a Thomas Edison. Edison had 1,093 patents. Most of them were duds (like the concrete piano). But, some amazing ones changed the world such as:

• the incandescent lightbulb
  • the electric generator
  • the phonograph
  • the movie camera
  • cement (alright the Romans discovered it earlier, but we forgot how to make it)
  • the fuel cell
  • storage batteries
    and many, many more…

Sinclair is currently working on a cure for blindness, which looks very promising and could have far-reaching consequences for the medical field… NMN and Resveratrol may just be Sinclair’s concrete pianos. I’m willing to allow him to attain brilliance and make history. If not, he’ll become another Jasper Jacoby.

If you’re asking ‘Who is Jasper Jacoby?’, that’s exactly my point.

6 Likes

I thought rapamycin is an old drug with no more patent. Why isn’t it cheaper?

1 Like