Is Trodusquemine (for Atherosclerosis), the next Rapamycin?!

I hope this doesn’t turn into one of those threads that’s basically one or two people riding their hobby horses beyond the sunset.

There’s plenty of other threads re: APOB / LDL / statins etc. The new factor here is trodusquemine. According to the review I posted, it has MANY amazing applications beyond plaque clearing and for some of them — namely neuroprotection — it does seem to be orally bio available and cross the BBB.

5 Likes

The closer you get to the magic 20-40mg/dL range the more likely it is for you to regress plaque regardless of how many risk factors you got. But for most people the average rosuva/atorvastatin+zetia combo will put their LDL-C between 50-70mg/dL which is where plaque should, at the very least, no longer progress even assuming you have multiple existing risk factors. All other ways to further address LDL-C are either to expensive or require changing your entire diet. Hence I would rather focus on addressing other risk factors such as blood pressure or HbA1c where medication is cheap and stacks well.

1 Like

Many substances purpotedly do that. Let it pass the ITP or some human trials first before we all start experimenting with it.

3 Likes

It might be worth it to lower costs and make room for a monthly injection of a PCSK9i on top of a statin at least. Praluent 150 mg one time a month.

For now it’s still way too expensive and inconvenient. Paying 150€ a month at the very least for a PCSK9i that you have to inject is not worth it. You can address blood pressure and HbA1c at the same time for just 10€ a month and will have done more to prevent cardiovascular disease.

1 Like

I know that according to Attia the ApoB should be in that range. Mine is 44. The generally accepted range (I know, I know) is 50.0 - 155.0 mg/dL. Non HDL is 70. Lp(a) is <10. I’m on BP meds (Losartan) which keeps it around 120/80.

4 Likes

You don’t have to pay 150€ every month for your entire life. It might decrease in price over the years or CETPi might be available for cheaper later on. Since benefits compound it is more worth it to do it now than wait.

1 Like

At the moment it’s not worth it for me. Maybe once I get closer to 80 or so I will consider adding oral PCSK9i which should be patent-free by then.

1 Like

Other risk factors could be (pre-)diabetes, high inflammation levels and homocysteine. Have you checked out those yet?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Cyclodextrins, Cavadex and Cyclarity for Reversing Atherosclerosis

You may also want to check out colchicine: Gout Medication Colchicine Reduce Myocardial Infarction? 2019 N Engl Journal

2 Likes

I would consider Lubrokinase, Serrapeptase and high dose Nattokinase, as summarized in this thread by Joseph : My plan/strategy for for preventative/lower of systemic plaque in blood vessels

3 Likes

What about PCSK9 inhibitor to lower LDL and ApoB and apparently even LP(a)?

Have you consired beta-cyclodextrin? Cavadex seems to be working well. I have not done a lot of reading on cyclodextrin but last I heard it was very promising, and it’s available now. Best of luck!

1 Like

It is discussed here:

1 Like

Just Google beta-cyclodextrin and at least a couple of studies should pop up. You can also go to their website to see what they advertise. I have mild atherosclerosis and I’m considering. Best of luck.

You can click on the thread to see the current discussion about it, this thread is for trodusquemine.

1 Like

Anyone on TRT… long as it goes into a large muscle it’s no big deal.

1 Like

Are you talking about intra-muscular, or intra-venous?

There are many intramuscular shots (although still perhaps 1% or 2% of the medication total, the rest being small molecule orally taken drugs).

1 Like

TRT is Intramuscular.