Is saturated fat more filling per calorie than monounsaturated fat? Is it related to hypothalamic ROS/leptin?

It’s hard to eat more than 820 calories of chocolate a day (I ate 820 today). It’s VERY easy to eat more than 2000 calories of pecans/almonds a day (as I did yesterday)

Related - Comparing acute effects of extra virgin coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil consumption on appetite and food intake in normal-weight and obese male subjects

Results

Visual analogue scale values of hunger and desire to eat decreased significantly after EVCO consumption than EVOO consumption in normal weight subjects at 180 min. There was an increase trend in plasma PYY at 30 and 180 min after EVCO breakfast compared to EVOO breakfast. Ad libitum energy intakes after EVCO and EVOO consumption in normal weight subjects were 924 ± 302; 845 ± 158 kcal (p = 0.272), respectively whereas in obese subjects were 859 ± 238; 994 ± 265 kcal (p = 0.069) respectively.

Conclusion

The results of this study shows that consumption of EVCO compared to EVOO may have suppressive effect on hunger and desire to eat, may affect postprandial PYY levels differently and have no effect on postprandial energy expenditure.

Saturated fat seems more “bad” b/c it raises LDL more, but chocolate’s antioxidants may protect the LDL-C from antioxidants, AND it may just be the higher-density larger particle sizes of LDL that are increased - which are not the kinds of LDL that do damage.

The act of eating a ton of one type of food like chocolate or nuts for that days calories is how you end up with more damage and aging. (even though the foods themselves are healthy)

Its the opposite that slows aging which is high nutrtitional variety and low total calorie.

Can you cite evidence for this?

It is a concern for keto, and the risk is higher, but there are ppl who get away with diets of just potatoes or grains who stay very thin and metabolically way better than most Americans

I wonder if it’s the stearic acid which happens to be high in cocoa butter?