Is Metformin a Drug for All Diseases?

Is Metformin a Drug for All Diseases.pdf (1.4 MB)

8 Likes

Metformin is also synergistic with Rapamycin. The two drugs enhance each others benefits while minimizing each others detriments.

1 Like

Researchers have revealed that the moderate weight loss associated with metformin is due to an “anti-hunger” molecule, known as lac-phe, which is also produced after vigorous exercise.

2 Likes

So do we have a chemist here? Lac-phe doesn’t sound complicated. Could you make it and take it orally? Looks to me like it’s only injected.

Already manufactured and sold on the market.

1 Like

So, does it work? I don’t hear much about everyone running to their doctor to get Metformin for weight loss.

1 Like

I have not lost any weight on Metformin. However, I haven’t gained much weight either.

1 Like

You’re unusual, it seems:

In a long-term study involving over 3,000 people, the average weight loss for participants who took metformin was 5.5 pounds. About one-third of those who took metformin lost at least 5% of their body weight after a year. And the longer they took it (up to 15 years), the better the results, with an average long-term loss of 6.2% of body weight

Source: Can Metformin Help with Weight Loss?.

1 Like

It is typical but annoying that at lest standard deviations are not provided on these means and, as far as I can see, the referenced research is behind a paywall. A mean of 5.5 with a SD of 4.5 likely reflects an entirely different dynamic than a mean of 5.5 and a SD of 1.0.

2 Likes