Is 5 years of Rapamycin Enough?

Blagosklonny recently proposed (2023) that the effective dose of rapamycin is the dose that does not cause significant side effects for the said individual. Towards disease-oriented dosing of rapamycin for longevity: does aging exist or only age-related diseases? | Aging

My personal experience over the past year… dosing experimentation - upping dose to 6x’s (from 6mg to 36 mg). Dr. B is wrong. Of course it is my N=1.

But, here is over two years of biological aging test results and chart.

The upward bump in aging on both tests… glycan and DNA methylation was during my 6x’s dose increase to 36 mg. The chart reduction in age was after a return to 6 mg for 4 months.

Now using 6mg to 12 mg of Rapamune once every 10 days.

5 Likes

Nice. I have also shifted to a 9/10 day schedule after feeling run down after 3 months of 6mg per 1 day/wk. (The 9/10 days cycles every 3 weeks, rotating thru a sun/tues/thurs dosing day.) I am using a high fat meal with berberine on dose day, so I’m getting some unknown bump in effect. After my first 9 day cycle I felt great on day 3 (1=dose day)…(day 3 is a lifting day after 2 days off), and on day 4 I still felt great, although a little sore from hard lifting. The only hassle is having a different day each week for my pre and post dosing schedule.

2 Likes

Excellent.

Yeah… that shifting dose day is annoying… for two years it was always lift hard in the evening…dose Monday night… skip workout until Wednesday evening. Consistently.

Now I am having to put it on my calendar to remember… it is all over the place. Lol.

That said, I am feeling more energy and better on a 10 day cycle.

2 Likes