Iollo metabolomics - advised by Dr. Snyder and Mike Lustgarten has taken them - what are your results?

I’ll get them later.

The blood draw collection is REALLY good (better than fingerprick)

5 Likes

While this metabolomics test seems very interesting I’m highly skeptical of it being accurate. If it were accurate it could replace conventional blood tests at a fraction of the costs, which seems very unlikely. Has this kind of test been compared to standard blood tests in terms of accuracy?

4 Likes

Look quite interesting. The prof and lab where the science is coming out of seems very credible:
Chair of Genetics and Director of Genomics and Personalized Medicine at Stanford University School of Medicine

Haven’t had time to engage it yet, but here is a paper:

www.nature.com/articles/s41551-022-00999-8

And “ The study, published Thursday morning, showed Snyder and his colleagues were able to get nearly the same results as a typical blood draw from a sample 1,000-times smaller.”

2 Likes

Btw, one of the many things they measure are Taurine

(And I think lysine, methionine and glycine)

So might be interesting for people who are trying to optimize (increase/decrease) their levels of those

Have you?

Or anyone else tried this yet?

From the study linked to in the article:

“Interestingly, the results of the microsampling and intravenous collection methods were quite similar in that the Spearman correlations were 0.81 (P < 0.001) and 0.94 (P < 0.001) for 642 metabolites and 616 lipids, respectively. Metabolites and lipids that were not well correlated (Spearman correlation < 0.5) were enriched for amino acids and triglycerides (TAGs), respectively (Supplementary Fig. 1b,c). However, most classes of molecules were very similar between the microsampling and venous blood draw, including most of the amino acids, carbohydrates, free fatty acids (FFAs), TAGs, diglycerides, phosphatidylcholines (PCs) and other molecules.”

This indicates that amino acids and lipids are not so accurate with this spot blood test but that other categories of molecules correlate pretty well with those you would get from conventional blood draws.

4 Likes

Yes am waiting for results back

1 Like

Thanks @Olafurpall and @AlexKChen

Kynurenine-to-Tryptophan ratio. Your value is 20.75 nM/μM, which is in the optimal range.

Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate. Your value is 3.08 µM, which is slightly elevated compared to the optimal range. This puts you in the monitor only range, meaning that your values are trending towards levels considered outside of the optimal range.

Also, this was more than ideal…

What was measured in your blood?

Symmetric dimethylarginine. Your value is 0.32 µM, which is in the optimal range.

Reference ranges: Optimal: less than 0.36 µM
Monitor only: 0.36 to 0.4 µM
Pay attention: higher than 0.4 µM

What is it?

SDMA is a byproduct of proteins breaking down in your body and is passed out by your kidneys. Studies have demonstrated that SDMA in blood reflects kidney function better than the commonly used eGFR measurement. High blood levels of SDMA have been shown to be an early sign of kidney damage.

4 Likes

Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 16.53.54

Google Docs postprocessing sucks - I need to use PDF-editing software to anonymize a bit of info when I get back to Windows to give the full PDF

4 Likes

Here something else that may be interesting:

they’re still the most “normie” biomarkers… let me know if they measure anything “different” or “interesting” like an ion panel or proteomics…

Do you conclude it is worth it? You learned something useful that was not available from other sources? It looks very interesting.

2 Likes

@AlexKChen Thanks for sharing! Have been wondering what iollo reports look like

1 Like

Hi @AlexKChen, what are your thoughts after having done it? Did you re-do it and see differences based on any actions you took?

Would you recommend it?

Think that the more we support these things / if they are good (vs just quest / lab corp) the more momentum these things will get.

I posted on crsociety.org. Google iollo on crsociety.org to see more. I’m posting more of my content on crsociety b/c invision board is inherently a better platform than discourse for organizing complex content.

I strongly recommend, but actionable items are still hard to see and I didn’t get anything strongly actionable yet…

2 Likes

Thank you @AlexKChen. Will take a look.

If anyone else is interested think these are the threads

And

2 Likes