Introducing Myself to say Thanks!

Hi Al, and welcome to the site. Are you going to try rapamycin any time soon?

2 Likes

Thanks! I would love to try it at some point, yes.

1 Like

Hello again. As you may have seen from my question yesterday, I finally went to see the doc in Tampa and got a script. So it’s looking like my Rapa journey is about to begin!

3 Likes

:+1: keep us updated on your ramycin journey. What dose regime will you start at? Will you ease up dose or start with target dose directly?

1 Like

Thank you. I plan to start with the 1x 6mg per week regimen…

3 Likes

Hi - I recommend you read the thread on dosing, if you haven’t already: What is the Rapamycin Dose / Dosage for Anti-Aging or Longevity?

1 Like

Thank you. Are you recommending I start at a lower dose?

1 Like

I did start at 1mg and slowly ramped up my dose and it seemed to work well. I’ve also seen people who start immediately and have significant side effects when they started at 5mg or 6mg (in one dose).

So, I suspect that there may be fewer side effects for people by starting low and ramping up. But - the data is very anecdotal, so I don’t put a super high weight on it.

I try to be as evidence-based as possible, and there isn’t good data on this issue really, just a little anecdotal data, so I’m more just putting it out there as a consideration, rather than recommending it.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply. It makes sense actually, so I am going to follow your lead…and since I have 2mg tablets, I’ll start there to lessen any chance of side effects. Those wouldn’t be much fun. And I’ll go from there. Other than antibiotics after dental work, this will be the first-ever prescription med for me. And I’m 63. Quite a monumental moment in that respect, although I’m taking this “prescription” medication for different reasons than most my age are taking prescription drugs, obviously.

4 Likes

I got your book today. It’s very inspiring. Thanks

3 Likes

That’s awesome. Thank you. I’m quite pleased with how it came out and have certainly received lots of great feedback. Hopefully it’s changing lives for the better! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, respected administrator. May I ask if you are currently taking the combination of Rapamycin and Metformin or the combination of Rapamycin and Acarbose, and at what dosage? Thank you very much!

1 Like

I usually take 8mg to 10mg (one dose per week), and 100mg Acarbose with starchy meals.

1 Like

I am confused why are we supposed to take Acarbose. My understanding was that Dr. Richard Miller ITP study of Rapamycin with Acarbose showed a significant improvement in mice longevity compare to Rapamycin alone. We also discovered that Acarbose has a positive effect on microbiome.
From recent blog entrees it seems that people take it only for glucose lowering effect (it’s not very effective for this purpose) or only before high starch meals.
Am I wrong?

1 Like

We really don’t have a concrete idea on why acarbose increases lifespan exactly… Dr. Miller has suggested it seems to be that you are reducing blood sugar spikes associated with daily eating, since Canagliflozin does the same thing and also increases lifespan.

See more here: Acarbose - Details On Another Top Anti-Aging Drug

2 Likes

So, 2mg at week 1, no noticeable effect at all. Just took 4mg, week 2, working up to 6mg, which I will take next week. Following the plan. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Everyone…just updating here. Week 3 and finally at the “planned” 6mg dose yesterday with breakfast (at 1pm), which included sardines, yogurt, nuts and seeds, and nutritional yeast…

Does anyone have any insight or thoughts on when I might experience any effects? And if I might experience any effects?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello Al,

We are similar in age… it really took off for me at the end of 3 months… a full 90 days… and continued from there. I know for many the weight loss typically starts at the end of 3 months… a pound…a few days later another pound… and then up to 20 pounds lost… weight point resets and it stays off. Hope that helps…

1 Like

Thank you. Your feedback definitely helps. Is there any way you could be more specific as to what you mean when you say, “it really took off”? What did you feel and/or experience?

Thanks again!

1 Like

Hi again, Jason. I just took a minute to read your profile, which largely answered my questions. I should have checked that first.

Thank you for sharing a bit about your journey! The 3-month marker in terms of something to look forward to, definitely helps. Onward we go…

1 Like