Hi Everyone! I just got a message from the system saying my “trust level” was upgraded, so I thought after lurking for a while, I’d introduce myself and also say, thanks very much to everyone here for the always thought-provoking and interesting content that is shared here. It goes without saying, I personally appreciate all that you all do to enhance our learning and understanding of Rapymycin, as well as other longevity/healthspan-related topics.
Of note, I just published a book (a month ago) titled: Age Well and Feel Great: The Proven Path to Solving the Aging Puzzle and Going the Distance. It’s large, at 680 pages (30 of those are filled with references).
I’m not a scientist, researcher, or doctor. I’m a regular guy who made a conscious decision to “die healthy” when I was 25. I’m now 63. Every single day of my life since those mid 20s has been spent learning and living what I’ve learned.
Here’s the Table of Contents for the book, just in case you’re curious.
**Preface – How I Got Here.
**Part 1: The Beginning.
- Chapter 1 - What Does it Mean to Die Healthy?
- Chapter 2 - Why We Age: Exploring Aging at the Cellular Level.
- Chapter 3 - Age Beliefs and the Aging Puzzle: What’s Missing?
- Chapter 4 - Conscious Aging: How to Rewrite the Narrative.
- Chapter 5 - The Mainstays of a Long, Healthy Life: Early Diagnosis, Stress, Sleep, Finding Happiness and a Long, Healthy Life the Blue Zone Way.
- Chapter 6 - Self-Assessment: What Are Your Risk Factors and Family History?*
**Part 2: Food.
- Chapter 7 - Introduction: Confusion and Chaos.
- Chapter 8 - Myths, Magic Bullets, and the Enemy.
- Chapter 9 - Insulin Resistance and Hyperinsulinemia.
- Chapter 10 - Time Restricted Eating.
- Chapter 11 - Sugar.
- Chapter 12 - Chronic Inflammation.
- Chapter 13 - Cholesterol: Facts, Myths, and Misinformation.
- Chapter 14 - Your Gut Microbiome.
- Chapter 15 - Meat Lovers vs. Vegetarians: Who Is Right?
- Chapter 16 – Take Home Nutrition Tips and Common Questions.
**Part 3: Movement.
- Chapter 17 - Introduction.
- Chapter 18 - Exercise: The Struggle is Real.
- Chapter 19 - Basics and Fundamentals, Wisdom, and Going with the Flow.
- Chapter 20 - How to Improve Your Stability.
- Chapter 21 - How to Improve Your Feet.
- Chapter 22 - Daily Movement Overview: Habits, Rules, Forever Movement Goals, and the Magic Bullet.
- Chapter 23 - Your Move-Smart Program: Daily Movement “Snacks” and a 30-Day Bodyweight Squat Challenge.
**Part 4: Strength.
- Chapter 24 - Introduction: Responsibility, Regret, and Resistance Exercise.
- Chapter 25 - How To: Resistance Training for Everyone - Isometric Strength Training.
**Part 5: Cardio.
- Chapter 26 - Cardiovascular Fitness: The Optimal Approach for Long-Term Health and Fitness -Type 1 and Type 2.
- Chapter 27 - Cycling: The Lower Impact Cardio Choice.
**Part 6: Final Thoughts and Recommendations.
Chapter 28 - Dental Health, Anti-Aging Supplements: Worth the Risk or the Cost? The Dangers of Modern Life, The Future in Longevity Science: What’s to Come? and More.
**Epilogue: What’s Your WHY? What Would You Do Differently If You Knew You Were Going to Live to 100?
Just in case you might be interested to learn more, the link to the book is HERE.
Happy Holidays everyone!