Injecting PF4 into the bloodstream

I haven’t read the papers yet - but it certainly looks interesting. Scientists de-age brains of mice by decades - #6 by RapAdmin

You might search clinical trials.gov to see if there are any human studies being initiated or underway:

https://clinicaltrials.gov/search?term=PF4&aggFilters=status:not%20rec%20com

2 Likes

I am very interested in your investigation.Do you think this could be taken subcutaneously? Also, once your quality assurance tests are concluded I would be interested in which vendor is the best source. Many thanks and very best of luck! :blush:

1 Like

Very interesting. Please keep the community posted on additional information you find.

1 Like

An alternate, maybe easier strategy could be to do or dose things that increase Klotho expression.

2 Likes

To induce klotho I have heard of taking policosanol, gaba, baclofen, curcumin, vitamin D, nuts, high protein diet. Any others? I’ve also looked into injecting it subcutaneously, but from what I’ve read the isoform often being used, soluble klotho may not be the best, which is secreted klotho.

You may want to contact Steve Perry - since he seems to be doing a number of mini biohacker “studies” on injection longevity drugs - like GDF11, Klotho, etc… perhaps he’d be interested (or have others interested in) this idea / approach of yours with PF4:

See here: Rapamycin treatment increases survival, autophagy biomarkers and expression of the anti-aging klotho protein in elderly mice - #12 by RapAdmin

1 Like

I have no interest in GDF11 and Klotho at the moment, but I´ll definitely be doing a few TPE’s at most 6 to 12 months from now (with my own equipment, in my own clinic), then potentially do a TPE where I add PF4 in the seroalbumin solution.

1 Like

I wouldn’t do it subcutaneously, I’d do it as they did it in the study with intravenous injections. In my case, I’ll do it most likely during the TPE (therapeutic plasma exchange) return process.

2 Likes

I would be very cautious about this. One of the first things I ask myself when it comes to endogenously produced chemicals that are supposedly very beneficial for health and longevity is “if the chemical is so beneficial, why doesn’t the body produce more of it in the first place?” The fact that it doesn’t produce more often implies that there is something negative about having more of it. So I would look for the potential negative effects and be very careful before taking PF4. In case of PF4, it promotes coagulation and that could be very dangerous if you were to inject it. A safer approach would be a slow intravenous drip, but even that is something I wouldn’t personally do without doing a lot of research on it.

The safest approach to start with would be to try to increase endogenous PF4 production naturally by finding some intervention that increases PF4. Klotho seems like an obvious target here.

5 Likes

To me the priority lies in identifying the reasons why things go wrong and fixing the causes. Dealing with the symptoms is lower priority.

1 Like

Another take on PF4:

One approach to finding better ways to downregulate inflammation is to decipher the signaling produced during interventions that are known to reduce age-related inflammation without greatly affecting the normal inflammatory response. That is the thrust of today’s research materials, in which scientists identify a common signal molecule and regulatory path to dampen inflammation that is triggered during heterochronic parabiosis, in which the circulatory systems of an old mouse and a young mouse are joined, during exercise, and as a result of increased levels of the longevity-associated protein klotho. This is interesting work, as is usually the case whenever commonalities are found in divergent types of treatment.

1 Like

Why do you say you have no interest in klotho?

I am confused, you posted research showing that injecting klotho releases PF4 from the platelets but then you say you have no interest in klotho?

Injecting klotho would be a lot safer, easier, cheaper than trying to buy pf4 and inject it.

2 Likes

Or indeed making sure your 25OHD levels are adequate so Klotho levels are higher.

1 Like

Agreed, after a cursory look at the literature, one way to do this may be to reduce serum levels of phosphate.
From Klotho and the Aging Process
“”"
These observations indicate that phosphate retention leads to pathologies resembling aging, which may be collectively referred to as ‘phosphatopathies.’ Phosphatopathies are universally observed in patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD)…
Patients with CKD exhibit a marked decrease in renal Klotho expression associated with resistance to FGF23, hyperphosphatemia, and vascular calcification, which are reminiscent of Klotho-deficient mice
“”"

This is in line with findings associating higher phosphate dietary intake/serum levels with increased mortality

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0009898116303205

So in practice, the following might lead to higher klotho → higher PF4

1. Preserving/enhancing kidney function especially if one has lower eGFR
  2. Limiting dietary phosphate intake
  3. (hypothetical) Taking some compound that increases phosphate excretion?
1 Like

In the study that I read, the first one on which I specified “this is the only one I’ve read until now”, they injected PF4. I don’t remember them mentioning klotho.

Why would it be cheaper tho’; PF4 has like 70 monomers, Klotho has like 1000. If we’re talking about eventual mass production, PF4 is likely to be cheaper…

Klotho triggers the release of PF4 from your platelets. Plus you also get the bonus of all the other rejuvenating effects of klotho. You can buy 50 million doses of klotho for $250, so .00005 cents a dose. Also you can buy klotho and take it right now, I have been taking it for 2 years, not sure if you can even buy pf4 yet. So can you elaborate why you said you arent interested in klotho?

Keith, have you noticed any subjective or objective difference since taking klotho? Also, do you have a source for the secreted isoform, or are you using the longer p isoform that BuckyLabs stocks? There are apparently some differences in the actions between the two.

1 Like

I am very happy with the klotho from buckylabs. It definitely gives me a mental boost, I guess you could call it a nootropic? Anyway, it also has improved my blood pressure so much that I had to adjust my medication to compensate. It also gives me a boost in my workouts and was able to move up in weights and broke through some plateaus. It also improves your skin very quickly, in 2 weeks you should notice a difference way more than topical rapamycin or ghk-cu ever did. Overall, a great rejuvenator, I like it better than gdf11, although gdf11 did help other issues so you probably cant compare.

2 Likes

Please share your protocol around Klotho.

• How much in terms of dosing? (do you calculate mg/kg or equivalent), how frequently,
  • Any changes in other blood measures?
  • How do you interweave dosing with other longevity drugs and supplements (if you take this into consideration).
  • This is by injection, correct? SubQ or intra-muscular?