Increase in lipids from nutraceuticals

Greetings fellow explorers,
I’ve enjoyed following the many excellent postings on this site, but have not had much to contribute since my area of expertise is cognitive neurophysiology. I have a question to which I have not found a satisfactory answer through literature searches and would appreciate any comments that one or more of you might have from clinical practice of increased total cholesterol, HDL and LDL with daily doses of NMN (750-1000mg), resveratrol (750-1000mg) or pterostilbene (200-400mg), spermadine (15-20mg) and fisetin (20-40mg/kg three successive days/month), either alone or in combination? Thank you.
:raising_hand_man:t2:Alan Gevins, Director
San Francisco Brain Research Institute
Alan@sfbri.org

5 Likes

Hi Alan,
I take 1000 mg of NMN daily (in combination with apigenin and TMG, as per various recommendations), but not the other supplements that you mentioned. I also take Rapa and other supplements (omega 3, vitamin d, and more). My lipid profile is an area of concern as there is a history of high cholesterol and stroke in my family. I was concerned that some of these supplements might push up my LDL or ApoB. So far that has not happened, with my levels in the low 70s. But, it’s hard to know what’s “working” relative to supplements, diet, exercise, sleep, etc.

Welcome to the site Alan.

I don’t remember who I heard it from first, it might be Brad Stanfield, but pterostilbene increases LDL cholesterol. And not by a small amount.

2 Likes