I Started Rapamycin Today

I can confirm that Dr. Green still recommends 6 MG, still prefers weekly dosing, and does not give any recommendations about taking with food. I know he would disagree about adding GFJ (ditto Matt K) but that never came up. I have started taking mine with fatty foods based on what I have read on this site. There may be benefits to a higher dose, but an improved immune response does not seem to be one of them. Five MG performed much better than 20 MG.

4 Likes

Exactlyā€¦I do 6mg ā€¦GFJā€¦ Steakā€¦ once a week.
GFPā€¦ in me is 5 times strength 30 ng/mL

2 Likes

Zazim, could you please elaborate on this statement? How is it much better?

Itā€™s all available in the Mannick paper though they used Everolimus not Rapamune which is ~80% as effective:

1 Like

And like all rapalogs ridiculously more expensive, but the results are valid for our conversation. Peter Attia has a good podcast with the lead author on this paper and also one with Joan Mannick.

Actually everolimus is now generic and about the same price as rapamycin. Easily available from the regular Indian online pharmacies.

Yes, but resTORbio seems to be focusing on RTB101 which isnā€™t generic.

If the Mannick paper (which showed mTOR inhibition improves immune function in the elderly) is being used as the framework for rapamycin dosing, shouldnā€™t we be using bi-weekly dosing of sirolimus instead of weekly, given that the half-life of sirolimus is roughly double that of everolimus (aka RAD001) used in the Mannick study?

I tried Dr. Greenā€™s formula for rapa cream. (.045%) Mixed two batches of Cetaphil cream 200 grams + 90 mg. Rapa, and I liked the results. This is what Green used on himself with good results on sun damage to head and face. This time around I am adding propylene glycol to enhance absorbtion. Transcutol is controlled where I live in EU. Propylene glycol is used extensively in cosmetic industry, to promote absorbtion, and has a safe profile. So my new formula is 200 grams Cetaphil cream + 90 mg Rapa powder disolved into 2 oz. propylene glycol all mixed well. After mixing, I could have probably used 3 oz Propylene glycol instead of 2. (experimeting on how much Propylene glycol to use per 100 grams of cream) I am expecting very good results. I should say that using tablets can be expensive for some, but powder is the best way for all rapa uses, oral, IM, IN, and topical.

ResTORbio closed up shop and sold the assets after the second clinical trial didnā€™t meet the modified FDA end goals for the phase 3 clinical study. Iā€™m not sure who purchased the IP, if anyone.

Tornado therapeutics (Joan Mannickā€™s company) licensed them. Still moving forward it seems.

3 Likes

I have heard about this study so muchā€¦- it is constantly referenced. Joan really breaks it down for the layperson to understand. Great post.

2 Likes