HRV for Endurance Athletes

Hello!
I’ve been on rapa for a year exactly and recently bumped up my dosage from 4 to 5 - once a week - but thinking about changing that to once every 10 days. Once I switched from 4 to 5, my HRV took a nose-dive and then recovered after 10 days. My resting HR is also up from it’s normal state - and this is without any changes to my training/diet/stress levels etc. (nothing has changed). Today is day 10, so I took another 5 to see if the same will happen again! Anyone else see that their HRV/HR changes with rapa? Perhaps my Garmin has gone haywire lol

2 Likes

There are different ways of measuring HRV and it is heavily affected by a wide range of things. We are also tracking N=1 data from a number of people about HR and Blood Pressure.

Yes, you are not the first to notice this. See this thread Rapamycin and Impact on heart rate and HRV?

And here Rapamycin and HRV

But I have to say I really don’t think we have a good handle on what exactly it means, in this context. Some people see it, others see the opposite. Seems like an area ripe or research with regard to the healthspan benefits (or not) of rapamycin.