How to Reverse Skin Aging

Lara - is this something you do yourself, or go to a dermatologist for?

Hi Eduardo, welcome to the forum.

I like the idea of adding Dasatinib to the skin cream and I think I will do that also in the future. It seems that the excipient/base you use to disolve the medication prior to mixing with the cream would be an important factor. Transcutol does help penetrate the skin, but not to an extreme level. I have read that DSMO has an even stronger effect, so I suspect that if you use DSMO it may have a higher chance of getting into the blood stream.

Interestingly, the molecular weight of Dasatinib is about half that of rapamycin, so the risk may be higher, but Iā€™m not familiar with the pharmacokinetics:

I do it myself - I had a nursing degree 40 years ago so injections are easy for me. I buy CytoCare from a pharmacy in France and inject the product myself. This product is not available in the US unless you are a doctor. Many of my friends though do it without any formal training with great success. There are detailed YouTube videos available to learn. If one starts early and does it regularly, the skin wonā€™t have a chance to get old.

4 Likes

Just to be clear, the adapalene mentioned in Dr Stanfieldā€™s video is the 0.3%, which is prescription-only (otc is 0.1%) and Iā€™ve only specifically seen the 0.3% studied for skin aging, although thereā€™s every reason to believe the 0.1% should work as well. I use adapalene personally, but I often prescribe tretinoin 0.025% to my patients if they request it. Thereā€™s no reason to go stronger unless you have acne or perhaps extensive actinic (sun) damage, IMO.

3 Likes

Itā€™s not like injecting skin fillers. Itā€™s much safer: the depth is 1-2 mm. The effect is immediate. Skin is getting hydrated and stays hydrated for a long time. No cream application can compete with it. And btw itā€™s how all celebrities maintain their skin appearance. They promote creams but get real results from mesotherapy. Itā€™s also an excellent treatment for hands, neck and dĆ©colletĆ© area.

5 Likes

I do not doubt the safety. It is more a user problem - my skill.

2 Likes

This website has user reviews, before and after photos, and cost information (if getting it done professionally) of all kinds of procedures like this:

https://www.realself.com/nonsurgical/mesotherapy

More info:

1 Like

What kind of needling product do you use for this?
Iā€™m assuming this is different from the micro needling type of products you can find on amazon, and that people here have mentioned in other threads.

1 Like

I use three types of needles (30 g): 2mm ( for vertical injection), 4mm (slight angle), and 13mm - angled injections. I buy needles on Mesoram.

Thanks! Interestingā€¦ So this site:

and these needles for the 13mm angled injections? Canā€™t find the other ones you mentioned. Please provide links to exactly what you buy.

And you use this product - is that correct?

I used DMSO as a diluent but in the next formulation it will be transcutol.

1 Like

Yes, itā€™s the right site. I bought needles from them last year. At that time they had 2mm, 4mm, 13mm and many other lengths. If you cannot find 4mm needles there, it means they are out of stock. However, a 13 mm needle is great size for all kinds of injections. Itā€™s perfect for meso. Just remember not to inject deeper than 2 mm.

1 Like

Do you use single needles, or the multi-needle products?

Yes, its the product I like. I also like Mesohyal X-DNA by Mesoestetic.

1 Like

I use single needles.

1 Like
2 Likes

So, for people interested in this. This is what Lara is talking about:

3 Likes

The other skin care hack that people have mentioned (both for skin and also for hair growth, in combination with the topical solutions and oral products (mentioned in this thread), include micro-needling, as outlined in this video:

1 Like

Anyone else have any good biohacks for mitigating skin aging?

There is so much spammy, overhyped junk information in the skin care market I donā€™t know how anyone sorts the good from the bad.

I wish there was a consumerlab.com for skin care products and services - but obviously much harder since you really need clinical trials to know if something actually works.

1 Like