How to Reverse Skin Aging

I was told the effect should last about a year. I had this done few weeks ago, did not research in depth, but the result is really natural, it is not a filler, skin appears plumper and younger looking. I would say it gets a better texture. The best I can describe it is similar to using instagram filter. It does not change you, but you appear somehow younger.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: So, what’s the deal with collagen?

One interesting aspect of the genome is how the non-coding DNA acts as a form of metabolic logic and makes decisions for the cell without actually producing proteins.

Clearly this goes wrong in the same way as other aspects of transcription and that can affect other things. It could affect the way the cell deals with nutrient availability. I probably should read up on this at some point.

1 Like

Would you know (off the top of your head — i don’t want you to be my librarian) if TOR not turning off when eating excess nutrition is just due to excess nutrition which leads to metabolic misbalances (high TG, high BG, etc) or does it happen when larger amounts of amino acids are provided (let’s say hydrolyzed plant-based amino acids so we don’t get potential/perceived “issues” with animal protein). Or perhaps TOR being on “excessively” may not be an issue when involved in recovery and muscle building? I ask because i see a number of older natural body builders and athletes (who haven’t destroyed themselves like football players) who look fantastic for their ages (obviously not a Clinical research trial or MR) — are they actually aging faster but the visual impact of muscles make them look younger?

2 Likes

Interesting the same red lights I have!

So, in effect, you’re asking what nutrients or other factors are the primary activators of mTOR and what is their relative contribution to aging - would that be a correct characterization of your question.

I’ve not dove too deep into this but if you search on “mTOR activation” or “mTOR activators” in our forums we’ve had many conversations around different aspects of this topic. Dudley lamming (formerly of the Sabatini Lab) has research suggesting the iso-leucine is one of the major activators of mTOR, see this video (and thread): If Validated This is Huge News on Leucine -- A Paradox Solved? - #4 by AlexKChen

and this thread: Dudley Lamming Interview, a Leading MTOR & Rapamycin Researcher

2 Likes

Organic silicon may promote collagen production and improve nail and hair quality. I mix one teaspoon of the product below into my daily collagen peptide drink.

3 Likes

I use topical finasteride and it is producing some good results. My concern about taking finasteride is the side-effects. Has anyone had any side effects from taking finasteride?

1 Like

Yes. It makes me feel more depressed the longer I take it.

3 Likes

When I fist started using oral finasteride in late 30s, I was expecting the reduced libido per typical listed side effects. Just opposite happened. It couldn’t have been placebo because it was unexpected. I felt like a teenage boy again. I had to cut back the dose to 0.5 mg because it got to be too much.
So now at 50 I am increasing my dose back up to 1 mg again because first signs of urinary issues. So far so good.
My theory on why some people get decreased libido with finasteride goes as follows. I suspect that obese men are more likely to get it because and I quote

In obese men, the increased expression of the aromatase enzyme in adipose tissue leads to high conversion of androgens to estrogens contributing to hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (HHG)

We know that blocking 5 alpha reductase will actually increases testosterone and thus providing more substrate for the conversion. Having about 12-15% body fat (I was 10-12% before) it didn’t seem to be an issue in my case.

4 Likes

Same with me, worsened my hyperacusis too. (Got better after discontinuing)

Had no sexual sides on it however. (Tried oral and topical at varying dosages)

1 Like

Check this one out on the subject. The doc is really good, UCSF grad.

https://app.livestorm.co/virtual-events/ycofps/live?s=054d774b-ed80-40e5-9e89-f8a575a6b797

2 Likes

Yes. He seems to know what he’s doing. I think this is one of the better treatments out there as it removes skin and tightens the skin without surgery. just a shame it’s so expensive. To see the best results you need 2 or 3 treatments.

Well depending on the treated area, CO2 laser can give you great results and sooner. That said it doesn’t go so deep. So I think the doc mentions doing the combo of laser and Ellacor. And yes I believe such procedures are expensive and for sure you need more than one treatment to get full results. That said my take on it that there is a value. It would be great and better to have some systemic process to fix all aspects of aging. For now there isn’t. I have been taking high dose Rapa (10 mg once a week) for the last 5 years and still have to do supplemental treatments to get the best results.

I agree that it’s worth doing. It’s just out of my price range right now. I prefer something like Ellacor as it actually takes out skin, so you’re shrinking the surface area. The downtime is also pretty short.
If money was no object I’d have already had 3 treatments. I think this will become popular and I had hoped it would bring the price down but if anything it’s going the other way. Plastic surgeons to love to price gouge.

You might look at pricing and availability in Europe… Spain, Portugal, Italy, Turkey… their prices (from what people here tell us) are a fraction of the prices in the US. Tie it in with a summer vacation…

4 Likes

It’s not a bad idea. I’ve considered having a tixel treatment the next time I go to the UK. It’s three times more expensive here in the states.

1 Like

Just stumbled upon this article…, from a year ago, but something to be aware of:

And, when I see articles like this, I can’t even notice any difference with this woman’s pre and post photos:

3 Likes

Good research. The first article makes me a bit hesitant to try it out at least on the face. The second one frankly sounds like some kind of advertisement for Ellacor and Dr Emer, the dermatologist in LA? Anyway I will most likely try it out first on areas like elbows were extra skin is evident and no good alternative treatments exist while the risk of hyperpigmentation is lower. I always wear a long sleeve shirt anyway for the sun protection.

1 Like

I found it worked well for me. It took about five days for my face to heal. My neck took longer. But there’s absolutely no way to tell I had it done. My face healed completely. It definitely improved my skin laxity and improved the texture of my skin. Some people will undoubtedly have negative effects. I did notice some nerve pain for a couple of weeks on my cheek that what a little worrisome but it cleared up completely. It’s definitely effective, it’s literally taking skin from your face and one is the inevitable signs of aging is skin laxity. The only issue is that like most of these types of treatments one session isn’t enough. Another two treatments are on my wish list.

3 Likes