How to Reverse Skin Aging

Yes, it’s about prevention! Do it often and your face will stay youthful for years (under a condition that your weight is stable for years). Did not try PRP and PRF yet. If you try it pls share your experience.

1 Like

It’s not exactly microneedling, but rather an injection directly into the skin. Supposedly, it works by boosting collagen and elastin production, similar to how it aids in regenerating joints and bones. The effects after a few sessions are said to last for a few years. I haven’t delved deeply into researching it yet.

I sure will.

1 Like

Please share what exactly the product was… that you used here.

2 Likes

I asked. I had lefovers :sweat_smile: It sounds like I had quite the mixture! Approximately 1.7 ml of Juvederm Volite mesotherapy, 0.8 ml of Teosyal Redensity 1, and 1 ml of polynucleotide gel with 7.5 mg/ml concentration (although not a commercial product, there are likely similar ones available).

The Volite was applied all around my face, excluding the nose and eye area, while the Redensity 1 was specifically used around my eyes and eyelids. It seems like I might want to repeat the Redensity 1 treatment in a few weeks. The polynucleotide gel was used to enhance areas where there’s more noticeable loss of skin volume, such as the brows, temples, chin, and under the eyes.

It seems like I’ll need to wait a bit longer for the full results to kick in, likely around week 3 or 4. Patience is key when it comes to seeing the complete effects of these treatments.

3 Likes

I was using DMSO as penetration enhancer. Would be great to know at which protocol of application it causes fat loss (strength, frequency). Facial fat loss is definitely to avoid!

3 Likes

I’m not a fan of using DMSO (at least in high concentrations) as a skin penetration enhancer. See this commentary on DMSO and other penetration enhancers from a dermatology textbook: Rapamycin for Hair Growth and Hair Pigmentation - #320 by RapAdmin

5 Likes

Sorry I’m well behind the curve to respond to this, but there’s definitely some chatter about Fotona removing fay from below the facial skin and giving a worse (older) appearance. Probably a less-skilled operator, but still: a risk I’m personally not willing to take.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fotona4d/s/nUFCI2KuBQ

(Yes, this is only one reddit thread and not a clinical trial with a appropriately powered double-blinded control group of sufficient size, but there appeared to be a lot of this type of chatter. )

I’ve been using a serum containing vitamin C, vitamin E, and ferulic acid for a few years now. I started taking it a few years ago at the recommendation of my brother. That was before I really got interested in longevity, so I’ve never looked into the actual research on this combination, but subjectively I’ve always been impressed by the results.

I was actually surprised reading through this thread, where I only saw one mention of this combination—it’s also part of Bryan Johnson’s regimen.

5 Likes

I do the same with very good results. A more affordable copy of Skinceuticals Ferulic CE. Have no affiliation with either company.

[Ferulic Acid CE Serum | Skin Beauty Solutions]

2 Likes

I did use it for few years, but I hated the smell of it after few hours. It smelled like burnt skin. I also find that if you use tretinoin there was no added benefit I could observe just additional hassle of another product. I also think it made my skin more oily.

1 Like

Ooh all of that is exciting! How did you find your polynucleotide results (or is it a bit early to tell still?) ?

I am concerned about it potentially being a waste of money if rapamycin reduces collagen synthesis. Unsure how to link to another post but Does rapamycin increase or decrease collagen I/II/III/IV/VII synthesis?

I am not yet taking rapamycin either but plan to. But from your comment, the way i think about it is that i “pulse” have periods of planned autophagy (for me fasting, four consecutive days every 1.5 months or rapamycin 2x/month dosing) which reduces MTOR, and most of the rest of the time i can increase MTOR and collagen synthesis. So the fact that some things increase MTOR and some reduce it is all according to plan.

The areas treated with polynucleotide were also treated with either one of the hyaluronic acid products, making it difficult to distinguish their individual effects. I was pleasantly surprised by the results around two weeks in, as I didn’t have high expectations initially. Some initial tightness I experienced has diminished, and I feel that the improvement is ongoing. I’m very pleased with the results. Just today, a friend commented that I looked good, even though I had only had 4 hours of sleep and an early morning flight. She specifically mentioned that my eyes looked youthful. This is where the most noticeable difference is apparent - the skin is tighter, laughter lines are less prominent, skin more elastic, and my brows appear lifted. The increased volume, maybe I should say plumpness in my brows and temples has made a significant difference. The skin under my eyes looks younger, with no visible signs of aging. The area with the least noticeable improvement is my chin, where I may consider fillers as there may also be some bone loss contributing to the issue. However, overall, I’m really happy with the results.

2 Likes

The interesting part is that most compounded prescriptions for topical Rapamycin are dosed daily.

1 Like

This always confused me for skin rejuvenation. Virtually no-one recommends this for oral. Why would it be different? And why would you not require some “pulsed” MTOR stimulation to rebuild collagen/elastin?

It may be based on this only human study I am aware of, where they used 0.001% rapamycin daily. Topical rapamycin reduces markers of senescence and aging in human skin: an exploratory, prospective, randomized trial - PubMed

Which by the way is much lower than the 0.2 % or more typically sold online. For example gethealthspan sells 60 gm tube of 0.2 % or higher and one is supposed to use that over 90 days.

0.2% of 60 gm = 120 mg of rapamycin / 90 = 1.3 mg per day or 9 mg per week.
I know it’s topical and it’s supposedly poorly absorbed but it just seem like a big dose to use just on the face.

2 Likes

I noticed the word “paiva” and the word “polynucleotide” several times in this thread and I wanted more information. With a bit of research there seem to be some PubMed studies, but I also found this very current article in Harpers Bazaar. It’s very readable (maybe 10 minutes) and interesting. Apparently, injected polynucleotides can cause the skin to undergo some rejuvenation. I would like more information about safety and how long it lasts, but did not find that. How it would compare to laser treatment or retinoids would be nice, too, but I found nothing there.

I was told the effect should last about a year. I had this done few weeks ago, did not research in depth, but the result is really natural, it is not a filler, skin appears plumper and younger looking. I would say it gets a better texture. The best I can describe it is similar to using instagram filter. It does not change you, but you appear somehow younger.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: So, what’s the deal with collagen?

One interesting aspect of the genome is how the non-coding DNA acts as a form of metabolic logic and makes decisions for the cell without actually producing proteins.

Clearly this goes wrong in the same way as other aspects of transcription and that can affect other things. It could affect the way the cell deals with nutrient availability. I probably should read up on this at some point.

1 Like