How to Reverse Skin Aging

I don’t like botox for w , I have friends using it and there you stare at this expressionless faces that are just opening mouths. I would never do it for wrinkles. But I must say that seeing your photo at your age and having this perfect skin makes me want to try meso HA. :innocent:

1 Like

For better skin, try lifting weights

A new study published in Scientific Reports found that both aerobic exercise and weight training altered gene expression and improved the underlying health of facial skin cells and tissue. However, resistance workouts produced benefits beyond those of the endurance exercise.

The findings “add to the evidence supporting that exercise” of any kind “is beneficial to skin health,” said Mark Tarnopolsky, a professor, physician and director of the Neuromuscular and Neurometabolic Clinic at McMaster University in Hamilton, Canada. He has studied exercise and skin but was not involved with the new research.

People’s skin grew “more youthful at a cellular level” after they began exercising, said Satoshi Fujita, an exercise scientist at Ritsumeikan University in Kyoto, Japan, who oversaw the new study. The most pronounced effects occurred when people lifted weights.

Washington Post Full article: https://archive.ph/gk9RJ#selection-399.0-403.98

Open Access Paper:

Resistance training rejuvenates aging skin by reducing circulating inflammatory factors and enhancing dermal extracellular matrices

Aerobic training (AT) is suggested to be an effective anti-aging strategy for skin aging. However, the respective effects of resistance training (RT) have not been studied. Therefore, we compared the effects of AT and RT on skin aging in a 16-week intervention in 61 healthy sedentary middle-aged Japanese women. Data from 56 women were available for analysis. Both interventions significantly improved skin elasticity and upper dermal structure, and RT also improved dermal thickness. After the training intervention, expression of dermal extracellular matrix-related genes was increased in normal human primary dermal fibroblasts. AT and RT had different effects on circulating levels of factors, such as cytokines, hormones in serum, and metabolites, and RT increased dermal biglycan (BGN ). To our knowledge, this is the first report to show different effects of AT and RT on skin aging and identify the key factors involved in RT-induced skin rejuvenation.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-023-37207-9

4 Likes

Here is the photo of the 92 year old woman who used UV protecting moisturizer on her face. :scream:

4 Likes

You can’t ignore the health benefits from irradiation without sunscreen @rivasp12 :wink:
It looks very healthy to me. Youth!

2 Likes

Can you point me to a website for an Indian pharmacy that sell tretinoin?

I think many of the sites listed on our list of trusted online pharmacies do it… I would just search on “tretinoin” on all the sites. Typically the price is around $7 US per 15gram to 30 gram tube. They will tell you you need to order 20 tubes at a time or some other number… but everything is highly negotiable and I’ve never seen them turn down an order no matter how small.

List: Buy Rapamycin Online - List of Reliable Pharmacies

Some selling Tretinoin:

Here: https://www.medicinesdropshipper.com/search.html?ss=Tretinoin+Cream+0.1%25

Here: Exporter of Pharmaceutical Tablets & Erectile Dysfunction by G.P.Pharma International, Nagpur

here: https://www.oddwayinternational.com/?s=tretinoin&post_type=product&product_cat=0

1 Like

People may also be interested in skin creams with 2% to 4% hydroquinone. This is used to remove brown skin spots (also called “aging spots” or freckles).

See some quotes on these types of products below:

Medicines Dose Quantity Min Order Suggested Cost/Unit (pack) $/Gram Total Cost Min Order Tube size
Melalite Forte Cream - 4% Hydroquinone 20 $7.30 $0.24 $73.00 30 grams
Depiwhite Cream - Hydroquinone 2%, Kojic acid 2%, Ascorbic acid 0.5%, Lactic acid 2% 20 $12.00 $0.80 $120.00 15 ml
Triluma Cream - Hydroquinone 4% w/w, Tretinoin 0.05% w/w & Fluocinolone Acetonide 0.01% w/w 20 $12.50 $0.83 $125.00 15 gm
Lumacip Plus Cream - Hydroquinone 4% w/w, Tretinoin 0.05% w/w & Fluocinolone Acetonide 0.01% w/w
Manufactured by : Cipla Ltd.
20 $9.10 $0.61 $91.00 15 grams
Zydus Skinlite (2% Hydroquinone + Mometasone + Tretinoin) Cream $8.00 $0.32 $80.00 25 grams
2 Likes

A new review paper:

Understanding skin aging: Exploring anti-aging modalities

With ever-improving life expectancy, skin aging has become the first casualty of exuberant health. People are progressively seeking remedies for their age-related skin problems. Understanding the aging process is unfolding newer realms in the molecular biology of the skin, giving us new insights to combat senescence more effectively. Epidermal dysfunction, compromised permeability homeostasis, elevated skin pH, diminished stratum corneum hydration, and dermal extracellular matrix aberrations with changes in its cellular composition are now well understood. Thus, a more scientific approach can be utilized while evolving various specific anti-aging therapies. The present communication attempts to address both the process of skin aging and various therapies to combat it in a concise yet succinct way.

7 Likes

Niacinamide looks to have multiple uses. Reduce wrinkles, ward off skin cancer, boost NAD? Do I understood this right?

2 Likes

Yes, but if you are already using tretinoin or tazarotene it is unlikely that you will see any additional benefit from topical niacinamide or just about anything else on that list, for that matter, with a possible exception for low pH high strength unbuffered glycolic, which can’t be used more than one every two weeks.

2 Likes

But if I’m doing nothing specifically for my skin, I’m wondering if a switch from niacin to niacinamide makes sense to get the skin benefits…?

If that’s the only thing you use, you might see a very modest benefit. I never saw a change from it, and it’s in just about everything these days.

You can get a cheap one from the brand The Ordinary. They sell a serum with zinc. They also sell a plain powder that you can mix into a lotion or cream. But if you read labels at the drugstore you will see it’s in a lot of stuff these days.

3 Likes

This serum contains 4% niacinamide. Just started using it.

Goodal Green Tangerine Vitamin C Dark Spot Serum for Sensitive Skin | 70% Tangerine Extract, 4% Niacinamide, Arbutin & Tiger Grass to Fade Dark Spots and Post-Acne Hyperpigmentation (Single) Amazon.com

1 Like

KACHHELA MEDEX had the best offer:
Tretiheal 0.05% - 10 creams $ 10 USD
Shipping charges BY CMS $ 25 USD
Total $ 35 USD

I signed up for Wise which cost $7 (I paid by cc card).
Hopefully it all works!

4 Likes

Hello Lara. I appreciate your contributions. If you have the time and don’t mind, maybe you could do a
small post or thread on mesotherapy. I don’t think that it is particular difficult to do, but imagine that over the years and doing it a lot you learn some small tricks and Do’s and Don’t. I would really appreciate if you would share some. I was also wondering how you feel about using the Nanosoft microneedles, how are they in regard to loss of product? are there any areas they seem unpractical to use compared with lets say a 4 mm needle? and any particular advice on doing it around the eye area?

Also is it a must to use a numbing cream or can you do without? (Theoretically the lack of pain, could hinder optimal recovery).

Last but not least, do you think this lady is using a proper technique?

she starts at the 1:20 mark

(seems like she is injecting alot of product each time, but that might just be me who is ignorant, but the spacing and everything else seems fine?)

Thank you.

1 Like

The technique she uses is right. The amount of product is also right. I do pretty much the same. I don’t know what needle she uses. Looks like she inserts it all the way into her skin on cheeks. If it’s 4mm it’s too deep imo (hence some bleeding). The needle I prefer is 13mm, 30 g. This size may seem too long, but it gives me much flexibility with depth, angle and technique (nappage, point by point, papule or tracer injection under wrinkle).

I find nano needles hard to work with (requires too much force to apply with thumb). The ones I use do not leak so no loss of product.

I don’t use lidocaine bc there’s no pain if injected to the right depth.

There’s a lot of info on YouTube on meso. I’m an amateur and do it only on myself, so it wouldn’t be right for me to advise on how to do it.

Today I used 5 ml of Cytocare 532 on my face. Worked with 13 mm needle. Ended up with 1 small bruise on my chin. The rest looks pretty good :blush:

11 Likes

I want to add one more ingredient to this long list. Bacillus pumilus SAFR-032 (NASA patent). It is an ingredient in a very expensive skin cream backed by David Sinclair. Sounds like it might be a great sunscreen if it were possible to formulate a new sunscreen in the US (you can’t). I’m not saying this is a great product, but it’s a fascinating bacterium. The link is from the NASA nonprofit that is their public facing organization (Tempur-pedic is an example. That was used as the padding in the space shuttle and then they decided let’s license it for mattresses).

https://spinoff.nasa.gov/From_Space_to_Your_Face

The original bacterium, Bacillus pumilus SAFR-032, was collected in the late 1990s in a clean room at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, where it had survived intense sanitization measures. Over the next two decades, the organism was studied extensively and even survived for 18 months outside the International Space Station. Credit: JPL/Caltech

2 Likes

Why did you choose this product over other products. I am warming up to jumping on this meso wagon :sweat_smile:
What is the typical recovery time for such procedure?
My husband (plastic surgeon) said he has some Jalupro samples on hand (are you familiar with them?) if I am interested or he can order something specially. He proposed Volite/Juvederm as superior product in this regard. He also has some other products on hand, like Guna matrix and Guna tissue that they test atm. He also has profhilo which he said might not be the best product for what I want…
I would just like to induce some collagen and elastin synthesis to prevent aging of the skin… my skin is good, no wrinkles and does not need any major “work done”.

I use Cytocare 532 only bc I’m familiar with it and it always gives me good results. There are three types of this product, recommended each age group. I use 532 for mature skin. It has the highest percentage of HA. #516 May work better for your age.

Typical recovery is short. I took the posted picture 1 hour after I finished injecting. You can still see some bumps, small bruises, and 1 big bruise. But with such result I was able to go to gym, swim and use sauna. Nobody noticed any imperfections.The best result is on the next day: I got up in the morning completely wrinkle free. The bruise is still there but it shrank significantly. No crow feet wrinkles at all. The skin is baby smooth.

Juvederm Volite is a thin filler, and is very good for a little deeper injections. I tried it before. Some inject it even in lips. I’m not familiar with other products you mentioned, I’m sure your plastic surgeon husband knows much more and can easily obtain any product available. Many products are sold only to doctors - license is required to purchase. So, my choices are limited - I have to shop abroad where rules are less strict (Monaco, France, South Korea, etc).

If you ever try meso pls share your experience.

3 Likes

You wouldn’t believe how really uninformed are plastic surgeons beyond real medical and surgical practice. Most of information on esthetic products, lasers etc. is supplied by sales teams and trainings organized by suppliers. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes