Gwyneth Paltrow "Not Afraid of Wrinkles"

In today’s (10-27-23) online news…there is a photo of Gwyneth Paltrow with the headline which states, "Gwyneth Paltrow on Aging in Hollywood: ‘I’m Not Afraid of Wrinkles.’

BAD message…! Too bad she doesn’t realize that wrinkles and sagging muscles & skin indicate a breakdown of collagen and underlying metabolic function. Just my 2¢ worth…

6 Likes

It’s considered very socially correct to say “I don’t care about aging” or “I’m not worried about death”

And I get why society wants this. We can’t have a functioning society if everyone is freaking out about existential issues. We need people to hold it together so we put a lot of social pressure on people and don’t take kindly to people who talk about how aging or death is bad. We need to get things done on a daily basis and we need people to not think about that stuff.

But let’s be real. Things people truly don’t have problems with… people don’t have to keep saying how much they don’t have a problem with it. If people are constantly saying, unprompted, “I’m totally fine with xyx”, as people do about aging and death, that is a sign that people are very much NOT okay with it.

3 Likes