Grapefruit Extract vs Grapefruit Juice for Increased BioAvailability?

Is the following just as effective at multipling the effect of Rapamycin as Grapefruit juice?

2 Likes

FWIW

Unless you try the product and do blood testing you will not know.

2 Likes

I take a naringin capsule (purchased from amazon) before Rapamycin, the primary flavonoid in grapefruit because I find it a hassle to buy grapefruits weekly. I have not tested my rapamycin levels.

3 Likes

Hi DrM

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have just done a search for naringin capsules on Amazon and Google but I can’t find any. I would therefore be very grateful if you could provide a link.

Thank you very much.

2 Likes

Supersmart - Grapefruit Extract 600 mg Per Day - Standardized to 99 % Naringin - Weight Loss Pills - Immune System Booster & Antioxidant Supplement |

It appears is no longer available on amazon

2 Likes

Hi DrM

Thank you very much for the info. I have found it. It is in stock on the Supersmart website.

1 Like

Nobody knows right now. If you want to pursue this approach I encourage you to read up on the risks/dangers and issues with this approach in this thread: Improve Bioavailability of Rapamycin (2)

As far as supplements replacing grapefruit juice - we don’t know. Nobody has done this and done the required blood tests to see the impact. If you do this, please get a blood test both without the supplement, and with the supplement, at identical times after dosing rapamycin, and report back on the results. More info here: How to get a Rapamycin (sirolimus) Blood Level Test

1 Like