First hint that body’s ‘biological age’ can be reversed

First hint that body’s ‘biological age’ can be reversed

05 September 2019

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-02638-w

2 Likes

Yes. Very intriguing. TRIIM-X clinical study is in process with larger sample size.

The study{TRIM2], I read somewhere it is subject funded. You pay to be in the study. The cost is several thousand a month.

2 Likes

FWIW

Greg Fahy, Intervene Immune | Thymus Rejuvenation Progress Update

2 Likes

Participants had a 2.5 years reversal.

Meh! At one time that would have seemed amazing. But…

On Rapamycin and Metformin I have a 14 years reversal using TruMe test. And 27 years reversal looking at GlycanAge results.

Rapamycin … talk is talk the proof is in the pudding.

4 Likes

The Agetron protocol!

"Nothing else is even close."™

2 Likes

How do we know that “epigenetic age reversal” is not due to changes in cell type composition (ie expansion of the naive T cell pool). See Eric Verdin latest presentation (he produced a new epigenetic age test whose CpGs are nearly ALL independent/divorced from all the other epigenetic tests…)

What data/CpG sites does TruMe even use? Reductions in epigenetic age that drastic are very rare.

GlycanAge is imcomparable to epigenetic age testing.

I find these age tests very suspect.

1 Like

Yes, I would agree in general too. But, GlycanAge is used by those involved in the PEARL Clinical study for Rapamycin - the best in the field and TruMe CEO Yelena Budovskaya, PhD - Stanford Molecular Biologist is very reputable among the aging researchers. They put their career reputation on their tests… .so maybe a bit better than the rest. Definitely gives me more confidence.

1 Like

GlycanAge measures SOMETHING “bad” that is definitely correlated with age, simple enough to be verified/re-verified on objective criteria, and that responds to anti-aging interventions (and where there aren’t many super-outliers) but the use of “age” still gives very misleading interpretations. In some people it can be drastically reduced with drugs (but that still does not reduce/eliminate all their historical age-accumulated damage). “Age reduction” is higher on the more malleable tests that don’t necessarily reveal true age inasmuch as they just reveal that a lot of the Western population is very unhealthy on that metric

It also correlates (almost not at all) with epigenetic aging.

It still does surprisingly well, perhaps b/c it measures the “remaining complexity” that the cell can still synthesize (complexity is SO easy to get disrupted with age in SO many ways)

The best aging clocks have to still show something that changes over time even in those who practice CRON or super-healthy diets.

but it’s not A catalogue of omics biological ageing clocks reveals substantial commonality and associations with disease risk - PMC

2 Likes

I don’t see any evidence that these aging clocks are any better than the Aging.Ai clocks that are based on data from a huge database and artificial intelligence.

2 Likes

I’m really surprised there is not much more talk about the TRIIM study in this platform. Nor in Attia or Patrick podcasts. In my opinion, Fahey is showing amazing results. Main topic is rejuvenation of Thymus. Has Rapamycin shown Thymus rejuvenation in any study?
Does anyone know what is the main “rejuvenation” component within the TRIIM stack of substances?

1 Like

Have you checked your thymus function? How old are you?
I’m curious about Rapamycin also reversing age and reactivation of Thymus.
Do you have Phenoage mesurements too?

1 Like

Interested, what is the best way of doing that?

2 Likes

No, I have not thought to check my thymus… although I have done a biological markers for my Glycans on my proteins. And, those show me as being 42 biological years. And, I’ve checked my spit through epigentic DNA methylation, and that says I’m about 50 years old biologically.

My actual chronological age is sixty five and a half years. I will check into thyroid. Good idea.

How exactly does one check the status of your thymus?

1 Like

FWIW

Details on the TRIIM-X Clinical Trial:

https://interveneimmune.com

Primary Outcome Measures

1. Epigenetic Age (Time Frame: 12 months) DNA methylation based epigenetic age (GrimAge)
  2. Thymus Regeneration (Time Frame: 12 months) Thymic density based on MRI or CT
  3. Safety and Tolerability (Time Frame: 12 months) Incidence of treatment-related adverse effects

Secondary Outcome Measures

1. Immunosenescence (Time Frame: 12 months) Assessment of naive T cells and immune cell function

Source: Thymus Regeneration TRIIM-X Trial | The Pharmaceutical Marketing Group

2 Likes

Rapamycin by itself causes the thymus to shrink, at least temporarily. I don’t know if the effect is clinically relevant at our doses. IIRC it was discussed here a few months back with no conclusion.

1 Like