Emsculpt - like Products and Services (but more cost-effective)

Hi there, apologies for delay in replying but back from holidays and still not back to my routine - should be able to be back on track by end next week and might take some new pictures to start from there (only did 2 full weeks consistently so far). So far so good ( but I obviously need more time and consistency) : have the impression that the machine does it’s job ( having some minor muscle aches on muscles I train - no muscle ache whatsoever on muscles I didn’t train so seemingly confirming this only enhances work outs but not valuable on its own ) Will keep you posted!

1 Like

Keep going! Do you feel the muscles contracting and is it painful?

1 Like

I feel and I see it, but it is not painful at all: it feels a bit weird on my belly the first 5 - 8 seconds but then I get used to it, while on legs and buttocks it actually feels pleasant. Pelvis same : not unpleasant at all. For certain muscles no issue to do while working on laptop (just put it in my chair and sit on it, or strap it against my thighs. For abdomen however I noticed it is better to lay down; same for arms obviously).

Besides feeling, I actually can see the muscle(s) move ( jump) and contract.

Thanks for the encouragement :grinning:. Maybe you could try it out a few times in a centre before buying, so you can ask them anything and know what to expect (that is how I did it ;-).

1 Like

Well I am definitely interested. But it’s like with exercise — unless you do it regularly you won’t see results, so I won’t be able to tell from just trying it out like that whether it works or not in terms of results. I’ve got my eye on the 14 Tesla, 6400 W, 200 hz models. But if it collects dust it won’t do much :slight_smile:

Don’t you feel that since you spent all that money on it you HAVE to use it daily?

I have tried tens before, with electrical stimulation via conductive electrodes. And it’s definitely highly unpleasant every time it makes my muscles twitch. I hope magnetic stimulation is different in that there’s no pain as it doesn’t apply an electric current. Merely induces it in the tissues.

Ha my model is lighter ( think I indicated specifications earlier) but it’s strong enough for me : they actually recommended to not use this machine (the one I have) on days of exercising and max 3 times a week so I never used it daily.

But haha you are right in that I was very meticulous the weeks before going on holidays :sweat_smile:: took note of all my treatment days and number of sessions while keeping track of the costs as if I would pay it to a third party, and that motivated me to be consistent and do more body parts :joy:. Once I will get back to my routine (not yet as I have a short work trip coming up now, but probably by end of next week), I will continue to do so.

I also found TENS unpleasant: with this machine legs and buttocks are fairly relaxing ( and actually pleasant and relaxing if I don’t do anything else simultaneously) plus it creates a good feeling afterwards (like after exercising) and it allows me to some work simultaneously; the most annoying are abdomen ( as I am laying down) and arms ( as I cannot even watch my mobile since my arms should stay still and I cannot do anything else ) so I do these together ( with the 4 handles) to only lose 30 min in which I “ have to relax” .

What I might not have mentioned is that it makes some noise but it’s not too bad ( on the videos online you can hear it) : at first I put in some earplugs but didn’t really continue this.

Going to a centre where they put it on you is of course less hassle and more relaxing, but on the other hand going and returning to such centre is a hassle as well ( even for me although it took me only 30 min max to get there and back).

The biggest down part for me is that it is heavy and not small ( and not discrete nor easy to hide) so I roll it around on a little table with wheels around my flat which is not huge, depending on whether I want to hide it or not. Nevertheless doing this is still less time consuming than going to a place to get it done.

2 Likes

Maybe you can listen to an audiobook when you can’t use your arms and hands to hold the phone — I assume the electromagnetic field is not so strong that it interferes with headphones?

It’s all about integrating everything into a routine, which I know is easier said than done. But I do find exercise almost as unpleasant as TENS so easier to integrate sitting or lying down for 30 min into a routine than actually working my butt off.

Please keep us posted!

1 Like

Haha :joy: no interference with headphones, audiobooks indeed…

Am not sure if it works if you don’t do any exercise at all; my impression so far is that the one I have works best if alternated with exercise.

On the other hand, the machines you are looking into ( “14 Tesla, 6400 W, 200 hz models”) seem at least twice as strong as mine so they might work better (and/ or , maybe, could also be more unpleasant while using ? just guessing as I have no clue of course : I bought the exact same machine model I tried before). Probably you can lower the intensity while using if needed? I just leave the automatic program settings of the machine while using ( as they also did in the centre I tried it ; it is supposed to automatically alternate the ideal settings ) but at 100% intensity ( it is not too much for me) .

1 Like

Alright folks. I finally pulled the trigger on a 13 Tesla model with 6500 watt power output, HIMET + RF. The price and specs and shipping cost required consummate negotiating skills and I certainly leveraged mine to the hilt for the best deal. All in all $2050 with shipping included via ocean freight. I won’t be using it until July at the earliest since I’m having my baby in June but I’m pretty excited for it.

The studies I’ve seen so far, especially of devices combining RF + HIEMT modalities, make it seem highly likely that I’ll get my money’s worth. Will take before and after pics though can’t promise in advance to share. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@eli do you have anything else to report? Have you been sticking with it? What I’m reading suggests the best treatment frequency is 2x a week, with a rest period of 48 hours between treatment of the same body area.

Great price indeed ! Your machine is much more potent than mine and mine definitely works ; do you also have 30 min treatment times or less since your machine is more potent ? It also helps for pelvic floor reinforcement: my bathroom trips at night were reduced when I was constant in using it; however I am not constant lately . I kept a track record of use and so far I used it for 108 treatments ( the last one 7 April I just see :grimacing:; started using it end of August last year but not constantly right away ). I use it on different body parts but often only 2 handles at once ( although I have 4) as it is often just easier to do sth else at the same time so I could have been perfectly happy with only 2 handles to be honest.

I understood that twice a week would be ideal, and on days one is not exercising - I have to say I have even used it more sometimes : the best in my opinion is to leave at least 24 hours in between treatments. I know it works since i feel its effect the day after especially when I don’t exercise but even when am constant in working out as well. Let me know how it goes; am pulling the machine out of its corner as we speak so at least I will use it today😉

On another note I will get a Tixel treatment next week so I get a feel of it. Prices of the machines seem up again lately…

1 Like

Do you use it at max power of electromagnetic field and RF? And do you vary the frequencies used between treatments (I’d assume switching them up would be beneficial to keep the muscles “guessing”)? Yes it does appear that at least 24-48 hours are needed for rest between sessions. Looking at your machine’s specs again, they do seem pretty decent still, even 7 Tesla is a lot. I guess I was hoping you’d have more outstanding results to report. And yes 30 min is still the treatment protocol regardless of the machine.

I used the standard settings / protocol ( as they also used where I tried the treatment before buying the machine ) : I can send you a picture of these … I thought about looking online into changing frequencies ( don’t have a manual) but since I haven’t been constant I never got to it…

Am convinced results are good to excellent upon consistent use but unfortunately life got in the way lately as I have not been as much home the last months as I would want to. Nor did I actually objectively measure it so far, sorry

1 Like

Ha don’t be sorry! I only hope to be as consistent as I’ve planned to be when my turn comes.

1 Like

am sure you will when you see results

Attached the picture of the settings I had it on so far (it cycles through the 3 ( F1, F 2 and F3) for 2, 1 and 2 minutes, respectively, as you can see on the screen) I can certainly increase once on track again :hugs:

2 Likes