Dr. Ross Pelton Interview June 2023

@DrRoss Watching your latest video. I am impressed by your vitality and intellect. Great video!

And thanks for recommending Rapamycin.news on the video! @RapAdmin

12 Likes

I’ve spoken to Dr. P a few times at the A4M conferences, very knowledgeable, dedicated anti-aging advocate and overall really nice fellow.

2 Likes

This was a really great interview. This is really well explained and a great introduction for anyone interested in Rapa.

2 Likes

Great video easy to understand

1 Like

I enjoyed it too and even forwarded to my mother, my son and a few friends. Easy to understand, good energy presentation!

2 Likes

Great talk @DrRoss , well presented, clearly communicated, and thanks for the shout-out!

2 Likes

At 19.10 into the interview, he said that he aims for 5-7 Nanogram/Liter. But I could not hear him say at what time he takes the sirolimus test. is it peak value after 2 hours or at another time? It would be great to know when he test his level of sirolimus. I really good interview.

2 Likes

Send him a message to @DrRoss He frequently comes here. I think we’d all be interested in the answer. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the kind comments and support regarding my rapamycin interview with Richard on his Modern Healthspan channel. As you can tell, I’m a passionate advocate of rapamycin and I’m constantly trying to think of ways to explain the importance of mTOR and autophagy. Here’s my latest attempt at explaining the importance of autophagy. If your car has a leaking radiator hose, or a broken windshield, you must remove the damaged or broken part before you can replace it with the new part. The human body is very similar. Proteins, enzymes and other cellular components are very complex 3-dimensional structures…that get damaged over time. Autophagy is the process that identifies, breaks down and removes the damaged parts. When mTOR is reactivated, healthy new proteins are built to replace the damaged ones. BUT…mTOR cannot replace damaged parts UNTIL autophagy has removed the damaged parts. THUS, autophagy is the key to rebuilding, renewing and revitalizing your body. People who don’t have adequate activation of autophagy are continually functioning at a sub-optimal level as damaged proteins and enzymes struggle to function…and they will stay in place struggling to function until autophagy removes them, which enables them to be replaced with a healthy new functional parts.

Now, to the original question of timing for testing rapamycin/sirolimus blood levels. I’ve discussed this with a lot of people and I think the folks at Life Extension have the best approach, which is to have your blood drawn 20 hours after ingesting your dose. It is not always possible to get an appointment at LabCorp for a blood draw at exactly 20-hours after ingestion. However, if your blood draw is 60 to 90 minutes earlier or later than 20-hours, there won’t be too much variation. If you wanted to test 1-hour after ingestion and were 60 to 90 minutes late, the variation would be much greater. So, I’m advocating getting your blood drawn 20 hours after ingestion.

AND…I’m a strong advocate of testing. If you don’t test yourself…YOU ARE JUST GUESSING. Testing is a way of determining you are getting adequate absorption of the brand you are taking. So far, I’ve testes the Dr. Reedy’s brand and the new RapaPro brand. Both give me plasma levels ranging from 5 to 7 ng/mL. I also admit that at this time, we really don’t know what the optimal dose or plasma levels are. This is a VERY exciting new frontier…but, there is still so, so much we still need to learn.

Healthy longevity to you all, Ross

14 Likes

Thank you for the informative answere.

1 Like

Some are taking 1mg daily for a week on then a week off. When would be the best time to check their levels? I am assuming the peak and AUC would be accumulating for seven days. And what would they look for?

1 Like

It depends on each individual case. In my case (transplant patient), they would be looking for a trough between 3-5 (it was established that it’s the best in my case), however trough up to 20 is still OK (for different conditions and different patients). In transplantation, trough 3 - 20 measured 24 hours after the last dose, is normal. If it’s below 3, the dose gets increased.

For longevity purpose nobody knows yet what trough is optimal and when to measure it. At this point it’s just guessing I think.

3 Likes

I have no knowledge or suggestions for daily dosing every other week. We still have a lot to learn…but currently, I’m only aware of health benefits from once weekly dosing. I know some people are experimenting with higher doses once every 2 weeks; others dosing once every 10 days, etc.

1 Like

Do you think taking a high dose once a month would also be a valid strategy?

I don’t know. My advice…stick with what works (once weekly dosing) until a study/studies document benefits from different dosing schedules.

4 Likes

One of my guidelines in medical practice is: if you don’t know what you’ll do with the results, don’t do the test.
Is that the case here?

1 Like

Great interview @DrRoss! I saw on the youtube comments that Richard got also more interested about rapamycin.

“I have not tried it yet, but am seriously thinking about it now. I will certainly talk about it on the channel when I start.”
Source: Rapamycin - All You Need To Know & Get Started | Dr Ross Pelton Ep1 - YouTube

3 Likes

I’m a strong advocate of testing. I encourage people to get a basic metabolic panel done before starting rapamycin. Things to pay specific attention to are cholesterol levels, iron and hemoglobin levels and insulin levels. I think it is important to know what your plasma sirolimus levels are…even though we still don’t know what the optimal level is.

2 Likes

Is there a test result that would cause you to stop Rapamycin? I.e. elevated cholesterol?

Sure…if an individual had a rapid increase in cholesterol and/or triglycerides, or a substantial drop in iron or hemoglobin levels, or severe aphthous ulcers.

3 Likes