Dr Katcher's E5 Experiment - Feb 2022 Update | Review By Modern Healthspan

The latest update of Dr Katcher’s E5 reviewed by Modern Healthspan

The grip strength test result is extraordinary
Treated group are now 36 months old (equivalent to 90 years old human) , but they are almost strong as young control rats!

But E5 looks like having its limit
E5 seems to reverse some tissues after 1st and 2ed dose, but after 3rd dose, it can’t reverse further

Why can’t it reverse further?
And any thoughts on E5 latest update?

2 Likes

It’s hard not to get a little excited about this, but there are good reasons not to be: the research is not peer reviewed yet and the experiment is incomplete; the lead researcher was very cagey in the interview I saw on Modern Healthspan; little is publicly known about what E5 or its mechanism; and these are just mice. It could be a breakthrough drug, but it might be nothing.

2 Likes

BOOM

Stinging indictment of the patent disclosure (it’s not “teaching” in anyway for replication), questioning the unique methodology knowledge and novelty seeking protection, and he’s already covered off weak results. Josh stuck his neck out for Yuvan/E5…buyers remorse.

I doubt this patent application will ever see the light of day. The application has prior art back to the 17th century. “Jean Baptiste Denis (1650) began the clinical practice of blood transfusion from animals to humans”. Not to mention all the work done by many many others previous.

Basically, they seem to be using pigs blood, harvesting plasma fractions, and injecting into rats.

This is suppose to be revolutionary and patentable?

5 Likes

It’s fascinating to me because I used to comment frequently on Josh’s site. When E5 ‘s initial epigenetic results were announced , and people like Horvath and Sinclair joined in on the exuberance , I wrote a very cautionary post on his site. I also sent Josh a personal email expressing my dismay that the ingredients weren’t released so that this “ potion” could be evaluated by independent, unbiased researchers.

I was essentially ignored while the hype train roared onward.

3 Likes

Reminder the patent disclosure is simply a provisional/foundational type application…very broad concept of what they are “trying” to protect. There will be more specifics in subsequent filings (if I recall, I think you have 18 months from original filing, unless you apply for deferrals). At that time, they will have to disclose more and then can better assess. I just don’t see with all the prior art and other litmus tests that the examiner will apply, that this will ever grant. But I hope they keep plugging away, the concept is proven and replicated, and moves the commercialization forward,

2 Likes

Another update from a newsletter that follows the research:

First results of the new mixed-gender E5 study

One month after the first dose of E5, males show better results than females; as for the lifespan study, at 41 months of age, three treated rats are still alive.

https://www.ntzplural.com/campaigns/view-email/RD9JiB116eA7Wf19QmIA6ejO-lfziQLmnkaKvcapl8efKA6zDfvm496XRbFLMw8Em2yFe7U042vcLG1fJBXQk1V76YjB7gqMiI4SEvW8LFx1Ltq5C9r2M_YU9OnOXh5ivg==

Source:

2 Likes

Sima gets some pub: Anti-ageing scientists extend lifespan of oldest living lab rat | Medical research | The Guardian

2 Likes

Patent application front page

Patent description

2 Likes

Looks like this gel has a cheaper version, based on the NEEL GEL comments section quoted below:

Can you guys elaborate on 2 points please. I have read/watched both Dr Harold’s And Akshay’s interviews. And A great fun of their work. > What I understand is that this compound GHK-CU is a patented version of the product sold by Dr Pickart on his website. What is different in NEEL from his products is basically how long it remains in the body and how much or deeply it is absorbed thought the skin. There currently seems to be any metric or further comments on this.
Would you be kind of provide us any information if you already have the data about the following :
Compared to regular GHK – CU how much does Neel differ in terms of : 1. time release and 2. penetration in the skin ?

The cheaper version is below.

2 Likes

Update: The oldest living lab rat breaks the record in the E5 study, but we still don’t know what E5 is.

Katcher’s last rat:

Experience tells us that it is much easier to extend median lifespan than maximum lifespan. Katcher’s trial of E5 in 8 rats breaks this expectation. The last of Harold Katcher’s rats has died, and she outlived her sisters by 7 months. Compared to controls, the average lifespan of treated rats increased 9.6%, while the maximum lifespan increased 22.0%. (For reasons unknown, the control rats lived longer than most Sprague-Dawley rats.)

2 Likes

A new interview with Harold Katcher:

1 Like

It could be a mitochondrial transfer.

(Dr. Paul Robbins), suggesting that slowing the aging process (in the elderly) could be as simple as getting injections of (human) liposomally-encapsulated miR-106b-5b (a micro-RNA that could be manufactured):

2 Likes

I’m still convinced that umbilical derived stem cells/exosomes are going to slow aging. I’m planning on having my first infusion sometime this year.

4 Likes

So it looks as if Harold Katcher is teaming up with the folks at intervene immune. I have to say I think this is a really interesting partnership. Combining thymus regeneration and concentrated exosomes seems like a strong candidate that could move the needle if it’s borne out. I’m crossing fingers this works out.

6 Likes