Dr. Blagosklonny's Cancer

This explains why he thinks Rapamycin postpones cancer for 20 years. His was detected in 1991. He didn’t realize it was cancer until 2023 but probably had effects of it in 2022 when he had a stroke. 31 years with lung cancer.

Diagnosed with numerous metastases of lung cancer in my brain in January 2023, I felt that I must accomplish a mission. Among numerous unfinished writings I must select and complete a few most important. If everything happens for a reason, my cancer in particular, I must find how cancer can be treated with curative intent. This is my mission now, and the reason I was ever born. In February 2023, I understood the meaning of life, of my life. I was born to write this article .

TwitterShare

18 Likes

Not sure how to feel when one of the most prominent proponents of Rapamycin has lung cancer which Rapamycin is supposed to prevent. However, it appears he did develop it in 1991 and he did smoke. He probably wasn’t taking Rapamycin at that point, so it may be a pre-existing condition. Based on my knowledge, lung cancer takes about 20 years to develop, so maybe he bought about 10-11 years of time with Rapa?

With brain metastasis of cancer and a stroke in 2022, he probably doesn’t have much time left. About a year most probably. I hope he can finish his research in time.

9 Likes

My trust level has been downgraded, but someone should combine all of these threads.

4 Likes

What do you mean?

20 characters.

1 Like

I hadn’t even noticed until I try tocombine the threads. I used to be level three but apparently was demoted!

1 Like

Now we know that Rapamycin does not prevent cancer, but rather delays it. Is cancer really a result of aging? In 1991 he was about 30 years old. Everybody smoked in Russia at that time. Not everybody developed cancer though.

8 Likes

You have to visit often to have or keep ‘Regular’ trust level. I don’t think that one can combine threads either way, except for @RapAdmin. Now we’re going way off topic though.

1 Like

Very sad indeed. He looked like the picture of health not long ago.

4 Likes

Yes, just answering your question. I may be able to delete my thread posted earlier.

I think it would be naive to think Rapa could prevent cancer in the first place, mTOR inhibitors can be used to treat cancer.

There would be a strong signal that no one who took Rapa - or other mTOR inhibitors, ever got cancer. We would’ve heard about it.

8 Likes

Mikhail Blagosklonny is my hero, everyone put in a prayer for him whether you believe in rapamycin or not.

16 Likes

He’s a great man, but I can’t find his age anywhere.

1 Like

When I spoke on the phone with Misha Blagosklonny at the end of Nov 2021, his speech and the way he pronounced words and his long pauses between the words (we spoke Russian) made me believe that he was recovering from stroke. I was mistaken - he hasn’t had stroke yet. It came just 3 months later. I regret that I didn’t mention anything to him at that time. The obvious signs were already there and he was ignoring them as it’s clear from his article.

It’s tragic and I hope there’s cure for Misha. Miracles do happen and there’s a reason in everything.

16 Likes

If I remember correctly he was born in 1962. Or 1961.

2 Likes

I’m not really familiar with Blagosklonny’s work, but I don’t believe his getting cancer in any way makes him less trustworthy or his research any less relevant. There’s still a huge amount of unknowns surrounding Rapa and there are so many things we don’t know. We’re all going to die of something sooner rather than later, and while it would be nice to think that we might all die peacefully of old age, at best Rapa only slows the aging process down. It doesn’t appear to be able to turn back the clock on as far as I can tell. All of us can hope for is compressed morbidity. I wish him all the best.

20 Likes

This is all rather confusing?
I don’t know that anyone has shown that Rapa prevents or cures cancer.
And I’m not sure where this “20 years with cancer” comes from. He said he had a benign tumor in the past. Not necessarily related to his current lung cancer.

5 Likes

Rapamycin is often called anticancer agent.

2 Likes

Russians’ diet typically includes an elevated quantity of animal fats and a limited amount of fruits, berries, and vegetables. This trend was so pronounced that up until 1985, the daily fat intake in the Soviet Union surpassed WHO’s recommended levels by 10 to 15 percent.

3 Likes

Rapamycin is thought to slow down and treat cancer. Especially lung cancer.

Written by Dr. B himself.

6 Likes

Feel sorry to know this. But I wonder if he took rapamycin before or after the cancer?

1 Like