Does anyone use cerebrolysin

Here an article from my favourit research-integrity sleuth about Cerebrolysin. As always very funny and shocking to read :grimacing:

2 Likes

the thigh is very (more) sensitive and prone to bruising.
Very easy to self inject into the glute. it doesnt even leave a mark.

1 Like

I’m mostly concerned I’ll inject into bone b/c I’m thin

Why doesn’t one inject in gluteus maximus where muscle is thicker?

if ur thin then u prob have less fat in the thigh and it’ll be very painful. Especially if ur new to self-injecting. There is more superficial vasculature in the thighs hence the sensitivity. the glutes have the most fat distribution.
Use a 1 inch long needle, and u shouldnt hit a bone. The way i inject it , its not even a glute injection to be fair, it’s basically the border between the waistband and the glute on the far upper right or upper left quadrant. Just try the injection out in different places and see what’s most comfortable for you.

Anectodally, the majority of the time, people who self inject often chose the glutes. The thigh injections aren’t tolerable when doing shots often. But it’s not the easiest thing to do because you need to turn and have some hand eye coordination.

1 Like

Do you inject vertically/[directly “into”], or more facing the midline/“sideways”? If you look at how it’s injected in A, it’s being injected at a more shallow absolute depth, but crosses way more “cell columns”

And do you inject right in the region where the butt muscle clearly starts to rise (where you aren’t so close to the bone [though you’re a few cm away from where it would be closest to bone], but still very far from where muscle is thickest?)

The angle ur looking at is if someone is injecting it for you. It’s a way different technique when you are self injecting. the area to inject stays the same. That upper right quadrant (in respect to the entire glute) needs to be broken into another 4 quadrants. Then you inject into the upper right of that quadrant. But the shot needs to go in straight in and straight out. Not slanted or anything. You need to position your body and the shot in a way that its literally going in like a dart. People may disagree but understand you are talking about the difference between self injecting safely vs someone else administering a shot. Theres different techniques. The area tho is generally the same. Anyways, dont be worried you have large margin of error if u inject anywhere in that vicinity. As long as you comfortably position the injection like you are throwing a dart. As straight as possible

1 Like

Conclusions form a recent Cochrane Review:

Adding Cerebrolysin or a Cerebrolysin-like agent, Cortexin, to standard therapy after an acute ischaemic stroke probably:

• does not reduce the risk of dying.

Adding Cerebrolysin to standard therapy after an ischaemic stroke probably:

• does not affect how many people have serious unwanted effects overall; but
• increases the number of people with serious, non-fatal unwanted effects.

Here is the link:

2 Likes

Again fraud over fraud found for cerebrolyin:

This ist the LINK to the article.

2 Likes

Wow, I’m glad I never used the Cerebrolysin that was sitting in my fridge for three years

1 Like

Perhaps a one inch needle 25.4 mm will work fine for many, but in general I wouldn´t be certain that it will reach the gluteal muscle. Figures on subQ tissue depth in the glutes are all over the place and I´m glad to be corrected if anything in the following appears wrong, but one average given for males is 23 mm (for females 33mm) , with IIRC a range of 13 – 26 mm for thin males closer to BMI 20 (and an average of 27-mm or more for males with BMI 25-30).

I believe 1.25 inch 32 mm needles are generally a basic option for males with a BMI closer to 20 than 25, with 1.5 inch 38 mm for those with higher BMI. One inch for quite thin males. With a mean muscle gluteal thickness of 34-42 mm there should be no risk of reaching the bone.

An injection is considered intramuscular if it penetrates the muscle at least 5 mm, presumably because otherwise the injected substance may leak out to subQ tissue with less bioavailability.

When tested, it has been found that a large part of injections for males meant to be intramuscular have only reached the subQ layer, with the percentage being even higher for females.

With only 25 mm needles available when I realized 30 or 32 mm were needed for assuring IM delivery, I pushed the syringe gaining some additional mm after inserting the needle and before injecting. Not supposed to be done but I can´t see any harm.

1 Like

Another nice and shocking article by Leonid Schneider on the fraud associated with cerebrolysin (ever pharma).

What Christoph posts on dubious cerebrolysin research is disconcerting, but I believe it covers only a (minor) part of that research.

Checking one of the links posted by RapAdmin indicating positive results of cerebrolysin, I find a large number of authors of the studies on this, none of whom were any of the four flagged as fakers in the post.