Does anyone have success importing Rapamycin to Canada?

Updating a previous post I made on this topic. I used Oddway International based out of India to ship into Canada. I had to wire the money up front which was a bit of a gamble but I received the product. I recently re-ordered from Oddway again but the package was held by customs. I’m not expecting it to be released. When I contacted Oddway, they said they would re-ship it without charge. They did and it arrived today. Great service. They send it by EMS speedpost (not courier) with a label stating “Health Care Products for Personal Use.”

4 Likes

An update to my update. Interestingly, the orginal rapa shipment cleared customs (after 4 months) and was delivered to me. The package was marked as opened by customs, so I’m surprised they still delivered it given Canadians are not permitted to import prescription drugs.

3 Likes

I live here too …I used Oddway to send to my daughter in the US , it arrived fine I brought home myself after a visit , when I need a refresh I will use Odd again …their Biocon stuff has really helped my arthritis after a 2 & 3mg weekly dose

3 Likes

I used Forvida India from Indiamart.
210 tablets for $215 USD shipped (Zydus).
Delivered within 3 weeks to a Canadian address.

I’m still undecided on whether to take them or not, or have them analyzed first. Any comments on the appearance/size of the tablet below is appreciated (tablet has a shine to it, stamped with 351)

Many thanks!

4 Likes

It’s unlikely they’re fake if they’re in a blister, and for this drug.

4 Likes

They are fine - they look exactly like the ones I’ve been taking for the past three years. And like the ones that a friend here had tested as shown here: Rapamycin / Sirolimus from India, Lab Test Report on Quality / Purity

1 Like

I second that opinion!!
I ordered 100 Rapacan (1mg) from Kachhela medex (India Mart). No issues with the supplier but the package could not go through customs (twice) see the attached

letter I received from Canada customs. Any recommendations how to get through Canada Customs.

2 Likes

June from what I gather its a crap shoot , I got my first and only supply as noted above shipped to US then I brought home , I will have to throw the dice at some point here
I order stuff from the US periodically in the past if the order was under 100 it came through , but lately it seems a majority of orders under that 100 come with a bill for taxes etc . I don’t know if there is a new policy or whether a lot of agents that are scrutinizing more .
I’d like to know the odds of a pkg making it into our fine buttoned up country
Did the supplier send twice ?
what will you do now ?

1 Like

Larry,
the first time Can. Customs sent it back to the sender (Kachhela) and they sent it second time and same thing happened again. That whole process from initiating the purchase to it being sent back and forth has been going on for almost a year. Just so frustrating.
My husband is travelling to Eastern Europe and will bring back a year’s supply, can get only Pfizer Sirolimus and it is more expensive but no issues with Customs.

3 Likes

June
yes agree completely very frustrating , this not dangerous drugs
in the US definitely better chance to get it through
we will travel in autumn to Turkey hope I can find there , good luck w your stuff !

2 Likes

I’ve received a couple of shipments of raw rapamycin powder from Wuhan Labs with no issues. I’m not sure if I was just lucky or the labeling made a difference. Of course the raw powder needs to be mixed with something like lactose powder and encapsulated (I use enteric coated ones).

2 Likes

“from Wuhan Labs” Really? Holy, bat cave! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I used Kachhela medex (I live in Vancouver).

My order failed to get through customs too.

Kachhela medex offered to refund my money, but I elected instead to have then try again but this time ship to to U.S.

I traveled to the U.S. and brought the package back myself.

So the bad news is they don’t seem to have success shipping to Canada, but good news is that they reshipped the pills without extra charge and they offered to refund my money.

4 Likes

alternative delivery methods seem to be in order , Cdn customs are very thorough it looks like
I personally would be nervous about ordering a powder from China especially with all the fentanyl issues

3 Likes

When you entered Canada from the US, did you declared the meds at customs and if yes how did you go about it? This is a viable option for me as I live near the border and there are US PO Box services across the border where we can have things shipped to.

2 Likes

I’m reluctant to respond directly to your question in a public forum. :smiley:

That said, if you can get a prescription (even from a foreign doctor) and you’re carrying an amount for your own consumption (e.g. 300 pills) you might not have an issue if you declare or if you get caught neglecting to declare.

Rapamycin isn’t a narcotic, it’s impossible to OD on rapamycin and it has no recreational use. The most that would happen is you’d have the pills confiscated and maybe a fine. (I’m not a lawyer and this isn’t legal advice.)

2 Likes

From what I’ve heard (not recommending anything) I would say most people just take it out of the packaging and put it into their bathroom bag when they pick it up in the US (I’ve heard one guy, when he purchased a bunch of rapamycin in Turkey before he flew home, put it into a couple vitamin containers), and forget about it. If you declare it, I suspect you’d run into the same issue you had with importing it and having it shipped to Canada. Just my thoughts from what I’ve heard from others.

2 Likes

yes agree June , just personal healthcare products traveling with you home after a day or two away IMHO , a few hours , one again rolls the dice . I suspect better chance than by post

1 Like

I’ve been successful with Sirolimus a few times, but not in last 8 months. But I order a max of 180 tables. Quantity may matter- I’ve heard of shipments being seized in the US when you get into the 200s. Or it’s just a crap shoot.

2 Likes

Ya I’ve done both, successfully, after a couple of failures, tho it was never clear why they failed. One Canada, one US, weird circumstances, but returned eventually. Indian suppliers will reship when they get them back. I always ask for this. I had to pay shipping again on the third try with one of them. Success in the end. 180 tabs max.

3 Likes