DIY Rapamycin skin cream

I wasn’t concerned about absorbsion in the blood stream, but I was concerned about putting “crap” on my face :smile:

2 Likes

Hello All,
They scammed me out of almost $250 of bitcoin. I placed an order for 2 products in February 2023, no response to any correspondence and did not receive any product. BEWARE ALL, RAPAMYCIN.STORE AKA RAPAMYCIN BUYERS GROUP IS A SCAM!! DO NOT USE THEM!! I hope that this post saves others from being scammed.

4 Likes

mruffaner13, Thanks for reporting this. I’m sure it was a bad experience for you, but you’ve done a great service by telling us. I will avoid this company.

I’m always wary of sending money to a company by way of a money transfer company, especially if it is a foreign company. And, with Bitcoin which I have used, it doesn’t matter where the company is located there doesn’t seem to be any recourse for recovering those funds. Once they go off to that cryptic Bitcoin address in the cloud the recipient is in full control to keep the money penalty free if they so choose.

I wonder … do we have a topic for avoiding scams such as “Avoid These Scams” where all problems related to money transfer purchase scams can be placed (in one location) so as to black-list the dishonest companies and help rapamycin.news members avoid them?

2 Likes

Only use websites which others have been successful with.
Since no one has used that website I suggest @RapAdmin remove the link to not give them more search ranking.

4 Likes

I believe there is an “avoid these websites” thread.

1 Like

We’ve never had that store in our list of reliable online pharmacies that people have recommended. I’m not sure why people use random websites that nobody has used successfully before instead of the ones people have been successful with. Buy Rapamycin Online - List of Reliable Pharmacies

3 Likes

I realize that it’s an “old” discussion, but I just came across your post about using transcutol and water to make Rapa lotion. Rapa is not soluble in water as we know and water doesn’t penetrate skin. So what’s the purpose of using water?

I also make rapamycin lotion that I either use alone on some spots or as a base for my creams, but instead of water I use “na-pca natural moisturizing factor in human skin” by Twinlab ($10/8 fl oz). It mixes exceptionally well with Rapa/transcutol and is completely and immediately absorbed by skin. This mixture (Rapa/transcutol/na-pca) also mixes well with any cream.

3 Likes

Because ~30% is the maximum amount that any commercial cosmetic company uses. 100% Transcutol is a little unpleasant for me. Transcutol mixes well with water just as alcohol does. I just happen to like the mixture as I like a fine spray bottle to apply. It also allows me to add some water-soluble ingredients such as metformin.
'Metformin hydrochloride is freely soluble in water and is practically insoluble in acetone, ether, and chloroform." and probably Transcutol.

Everything you ever wanted to know about Transcutol :grin:

1 Like

If you add water soluble ingredients it makes perfect sense. I also use the mixture as a spray. I like that it gets immediately absorbed by skin due to na-pca moisturizing factor.

One of the things about na-pca is it immediately makes the skin look better. I am not sure it has any lasting effect though.

1 Like

Hmm i only see DMSO available here in europe, think im gonna give it a try before i start importing Transcutol etc

2 Likes

@desertshores How often do you apply the spray on your face? and how long did it take for you to notice improvements?

Rapamycin taken orally slows aging. It does not reverse it. I expect the same results from the topical application of rapamycin.
I spray in on daily and expect the Transcutol to carry the rapamycin though at least the subdermal layer.
I have not noticed any significant change since starting it several months ago.

1 Like

I am using my “professional” cream since 2 weeks. My skin is a lot of thicker than before and of couse smoother too.
Also my retinol cream has a a much bigger impact than before.

Do you store the cream in a fridge? I am unsure if the cream stable at room temperature (non stabelised rapa has to be kept in the freezer)
And at least: try 1 day rapa 1 day retinol. (dont combine them for saftey reasons - I am absolutly unsure if its possible)

1 Like

Transcutol is available in EU, I bought it from here: https://www.laboratoriumdiscounter.nl

You should have to ask if they deliver outside the Netherlands.

I’m sure there is a similar webshop in your country aswell.

4 Likes

whats the chemical name of it in that store…? didnt find it under T

Transcutol has a number of different chemical names/identifiers. Here is a list:

• 2-(2-Ethoxyethoxy)ethanol: Ethoxydiglycol, 3,6-dioxa-1-octanol,
  • DEGEE, diethylene glycol monoethyl ether,
  • Carbitol,
  • Carbitol Cellosolve,
  • Transcutol,
  • Dioxitol,
  • Polysolv DE,
  • Dowanal DE

Chemical Identifier: CAS Number 111-90-0

4 Likes
3 Likes

We may want to add metformin to the skin cream. The most interesting study is the 4th study done on mice!

Would a 1-5% metformin concentration be reasonable for full-body application and a 10-30% concentration for spot treatment? Thoughts?

I have been using 10% metformin on my scalp for about two weeks now and nothing negative to note.

EDIT: A user by the name of Sylwia had actually posted the mice study back in March, just saw it when scrolling through the thread. But it’s still a good read though!

6 Likes

The metformin information is great. It might be interesting to try a “super skin rejuvenation” cream concoction with rapamycin, metformin and all the senolytic drugs also mixed in… Senolytics Topically Administered to Skin for Antiaging Effects

4 Likes