Dietary Protein and Rapamycin

Hi everyone,

I was wondering how much protein per day y’all are consuming. Does it change based on your weekly rapamycin schedule? I was feeling unwell yesterday, but then ate about 80g of protein from chicken, 3 hours later I felt much better.

Thanks.

3 Likes

I lost 75 lbs last year. I’ve been maintaining for the past 4 months. I consume about 1.5 grams/kg per day everyday. At 85 kg I consume 100-150 g/day. I think rapamycin is a powerful enough mTOR inhibitor that it will do its job regardless of my protein intake.

5 Likes

You’ll get a million different answers on here for protein intake. Theoretically by down regulating mtor rapamacin will ameliorate some negative effects of a higher protein intake (and maybe some of the positives also). So if you are on rapamycin I would worry less about protein than if you are off it (assuming you are getting over the minimum required amount).

I personally go for about 1.1-1.2g/kg ( about 30-40g per meal) to try to get the vast majority of the muscle building benefits without the downsides of too much protein. Others here will say 0.8g/kg or 1.6g/kg but generally in that range.

I would not change my protein intake or timing due to rapamycin. It has such a long half life that protein timing isn’t really relevant.

1 Like

Most of what I have read suggests it is age-dependent, older people do not process protein as well as younger people,

2 Likes

Yes that appears to be where the evidence leans and not just for protein but for other vitamins also due to absorption issues. I wasn’t trying to give a blanket recommendation, but just what I do and a rough range most are in.

I agree with @stealle that the protein debate is less important if you are taking a drug to suppress mtor and I’d focus more on the general quality of the diet.

2 Likes