Diarrhea after the first dose

Hi all,

Finally after a long time contemplating the use of Rapa, i decided that i am going to give it a try. I started with 1mg yesterday morning. Since last night, i have been having this nasty diarrhea which wont stop two days on. Its really worse than a colon prep. Is this a side effect? at this low dose?

2 Likes

Wow - thats surprising on such a low dose. We’ve seen reports of diarrhea after very high doses, but this is the first I’ve seen reported on dosing under 10mg. Let us know how it goes.

3 Likes

Exactly… at 2mg to 12 mg dose… nothing. However, when adding Grapefruit juice to 6mg…I get 36 ng/mL dose and a few days of diarrhea.

Only higher doses affect me and most others. Maybe something else. Or, you are super sensitive.

1 Like

Not sure tbh. It feel like a really bad case of GI reaction. Its either the Rapa or a bad bug. I have also started Trazodone 50mg for sleep three days ago so it might be a delayed reaction from that. The only way to find out is to see it resolved and reproduce it with another dose next week.

2 Likes

Highly unlikely that either the rapamycin dose you are taking or the trazodone you are taking is the cause of your diarrhea. Not impossible but highly unlikely IMO.

1 Like

I sure hope its not. I was really looking forward to my journey with Rapa. I am just going to have to wait until next week and see how things go.

2 Likes

A lot depends on the totality of what you eat/take. Most recently I have had an issue between alcohol and curcurmin. If I take too much curcumin and quite a bit of alcohol it has an impact.

1 Like

Are you lactose intolerant?

Because Rapamycin/Pfizer Rapamune is bound to lactose molecules, so could be that. I got diarhea on a relatively low dose (3mg w/ fat) and I get a little stomach ache after taking my now usual monthly dose of rapamycin (1mg).

(Note: I take rapamycin fasted and I am lactose intolerant)

1 Like

As far as i know i am not lactose intolerant but then again i have not had any dairy for quite a while.

I hear a lot of people mention that after taking Rapa they feel this mental clarity. I experienced this for few days onwards. Is this as a direct result of inhibition of mTOR1 or is it an unkown mechanism or just placebo?

So i took 1mg yesterday and the diarrhea is back again today. Yesterdays dose was my second dose after my first one on April 16 which also gave me diarrhea. Does this mean that i should stop taking it all together?

Try taking a lactase pill, one pill of rapamune contains 86.4 mg of lactose, that is ~6 glasses of milk.

For me it works.

2 Likes

The brand that i am using is called Rapacan which i got from India

The inactive ingredients in Rapacan Tablets include sucrose, lactose, polyethylene glycol 8000, calcium sulfate, microcrystalline cellulose, pharmaceutical glaze, talc, titanium dioxide, magnesium stearate, povidone, poloxamer 188, polyethylene glycol 20,000, glyceryl monooleate, carnauba wax, dl -alpha tocopherol, and other ingredients. The 0.5 mg and 2 mg dosage strengths also contain yellow iron (ferric) oxide and brown iron (ferric) oxide.

Source: https://www.sdrugs.com/?c=drug&s=rapacan

2 Likes

I just read this message now and hope all got better ; I personally noticed also extreme effects at 1 mg as if it was a huge dose (unlike what I read in the threads : I was so glad I started with 1 mg only and would advise to everyone start slowly as we don’t know side effects beforehand: we are all different and a world on our own) ; I had to go real slow but my body got used to it. For now am at 4 mg since January with only sleep issues as a side effect ; am not in a hurry to get to 5 mg which will probably be my max dose given my weight.

1 Like