Dasatinib and quercetin protcol? Tips / info

Hi I’m 27 and have been taking rapamycin 6mg a week for around a month now. No side effects.

I’m thinking about adding dasatinib and quercetin to my anti aging regime stack as I heard its a powerful Senolytic that removes senescent cells (1 of the hallmarks of aging).

As i’m in my 20s I think I wont have lots of senescent cells compared to a 50 year old so I’m thinking about starting a small dose.

I have 30 , 100 mg tablets so they should last me a long time as I believe you only take the dose every 6 months to 1 year? (not 100% sure).

I was wondering if someone could give me info on the dosage for dasatinib and quercetin and how frequent I should take it? 3 days once a year or every 6 months? And what are the side effects? And if you were 27 would you take it? I’m already taking rapamycin, so I think it should be ok. I want to prevent aging as much as possible so thats why i want to start in my 20s.

thanks so much.

3 Likes

If it were me I would drop the dasatinib in favor of Fisetin. That is based strictly on your age.

2 Likes

I havent heard of Fisetin, does it work the same way as D+Q? thank you

I agree with @zazim here… given your age, you’re unlikely to have much of a senescent cell load, and the whole area of senolytics with regard to human clinical studies is still really early. Fisetin and Quercetin are likely benign enough that the risk/reward is fine. Dasatinib is a powerful medication. If I were you I’d let the science move forward for another 5 years and see where it goes, before trying it.

5 Likes

I’ll avoid taking the dasatinib for now. It expires in 2025 so hopefully we get some more clinical trial data by that time haha.

Going to look more into fisetin, thank you

I agree with the others. Rapamycin itself prevents senescence of cells so if you’re already taking that, and given your age, your senescent cell load should be quite miniscule. So you’d be taking a very powerful medication to treat something that should be close to non-existent. Stick with the Rapa. If you want senolytic action you can try Fisetin + Quercetin or Grape Seed Extract (Cyanidins). I alternate between the two bi-weekly.

4 Likes

My current routine is Dasatinib 100mg + Quercetin 1250mg x 2 days, repeated every six months. I’ve been doing this for about 3 years. I take it before going to sleep. The first night I will experience headaches and may need to take some paracetamol. The second night is fine.

On one occasion I had bloods taken a day after taking Dasatinib and, unsurprisingly, my blood count was low. It recovered when I retested about 10 days later.

This is not a recommendation, it’s just what I do. I’m in my 40s, and I haven’t noticed any apparent benefits from D+Q. As you’re in your 20s, there’s no rush. You could try a quarter or half of this dose. No need for an ‘attack’ dose.

3 Likes

I took 100mg of Dasatinib with Q on 2 consecutive weeks several months ago. I couldn’t feel anything positive or negative.

1 Like

The problem with Grape Seed Extract is that procyanidin C1 (PCC1) is the senolytic compound. If you’re just taking a regular, not standardised GSE-extract (as I’m doing also :wink: ) it is not likely to be especially high in PCC1. I’ve not been able to find a PCC1-extract, neither a GSE-extract standardised for high levels of PCC1. But perhaps someone else has? I’d love to hear if someone did :-).

1 Like

Is there good evidence that Quercitin alone is a good senolytic.

1 Like

I have only heard that it enhances the effects of other senolytics. Much like how grapefruit juice enhances rapamycin. Not entirely sure why though.

1 Like