COVID and Rapamycin - revisited

" I recommended against it."
I was pro covid vaccine before I actually took it. Three doses of the Pfizer covid vaccine produced very significant side effects and did not prevent me from getting a mild case of covid ~3 months later after my third shot. I will not be getting any future covid related vaccines, though I am a big believer in annual flu shots. I have been taking them for decades and never suffered any ill effects and I can’t remember when I last caught the flu, probably over 60 yrs ago.

1 Like

None of my kids or grandkids were ever under any threat from the disease. They did it because the media and the government made is sound like if you didn’t take it then you are a bad person and grandma will die.
As a farmer I know that using a pesticide shifts the population it treats against. In other words, the variants are coming from the vaccine.
If nobody used Roundup herbicide then there would still be no roundup resistant weeds. Why would there be? These resistant weeds are the result of a very strict culling. Fields were very clean for about a decade.

2 Likes

I think i have it now, again :frowning_with_open_mouth: had delta last October but I think I feel worse now having taken 6mg of rapamycin with grapefruits juice last Sunday. I cycled to work but my power was extremely low and heart rate pretty high, especially for the power output

1 Like

Get better soon! I hope your symptoms stop there and you have a quick recovery.

1 Like

Wife and daughter have it. Coughing, fatigue. No fever yet on day 3.
I am not sick.
We are all taking a cocktail of vitamins and ivermectin.
I am on weekly Rapamycin 8mg.
Isolating at home in very small apartment, so I know I am getting exposed.
I am also O positive.

1 Like

Thanks, I survived delta so I am sure I’ll survive this. Hopefully my cycling performance will be back by this weekend as I am finally going for a cycling trip. Well at least I still have my senses of smell, taste and chemosensing this time…

1 Like

There is the argument that rapamycin is an adjuvant that can improve T-cell responses to vaccines (Moraschi, et al. 2021). From my experience in evading Omicron BA.2 despite prolonged exposure, I think there may be something to this argument.

When it comes to BA.5, though, it substantially evades the immunity provided by the existing vaccines. Having contracted BA.5 while taking rapamycin, hopefully, I’ll have broader immunity when the next wave hits. I’m also happy to take an updated vaccine when it becomes available.

1 Like

Hopefully. I’m feeling much better already today, though not fully recovered yet.

From delta as well, last winter I tried to repeatedly inoculate myself with swaps of people that tested positive to try and get a recovery certificate but without success

1 Like

I want the new Omicron booster. Is being on Rapa a problem? This week’s 8 mg dose is tomorrow. Do I need to wait for the vaccination?

1 Like

I’d wait 2 weeks after a Rapa dose, mainly to ensure you have a strong immune response.

1 Like

I got Covid at the end of July with BA.5 variant and was hit hard. I test positive on Tuesday and experienced extreme fatigue, congestion, and cough the first few days. I started to feel much better on Friday and continued my 5mg Rapamycin dose. I tested negative on Sunday but had a persistent cough for the next couple of weeks. I eventually got a prescription for a Medrol Dose pack and my cough symptoms were 90% better but still present. I went to a Pulmonologist at the end of August who prescribed high-dose oral steroids for a week which stopped the cough. I still have the cough intermittently. The pulmonologist prescribed an inhaled steroid and albuterol inhaler to be taken as needed. He did indicate to me that with the Omicron variant cough and persistent cough is common. I don’t have asthma and have never smoked but he did indicate that many people end up on inhaled steroids for a period of time. In retrospect, I had brain fog that lasted about 4-5 weeks. I have continued weekly rapamycin with a planned 2-week break at the beginning of September. I received 2 injections of the covid vaccine but not the booster. My parents who are 78 years old received the booster and a Paxlovid course and they did better with it than me.

1 Like

I am sorry to hear that Entropy25. I just had a third booster today with a flu shot (I should’ve waited for the latter but it was convenient to do both at the same time). It had been five months since the last Covid booster.

I cycled off of rapamycin for two weeks. I can’t find anything that suggests when it’s a good idea to start taking rapamycin again. I may just go ahead and take it on Friday at my usual time.

I probably would wait a week after the booster before restarting Rapamycin. When I took the original series I didn’t stop Rapamycin and my second shot was given the same day as my Rapamycin dose. It didn’t seem to impact the antibody levels which were still relatively high 1 year after getting vaccinated. I plan on getting the booster after 2 more weeks. They recommend waiting 8-12 weeks after resolving an infection before getting the new booster.

1 Like

Thank you. That sounds like good advice, which I will follow.

Why would you get a vaccine (an experimental one at that) when you already have acquired natural immunity and are at zero risk of a complicated course? You can only get side effects from the vaccine but no additional benefits, you are immune already

2 Likes

Immunity wears off after about 6 months regarding COVID same with the vaccines.

Antibody titers wane but immunity (both B and T cells) remain

1 Like

If you think there is zero risk and possible detriments from the vaccine then you probably shouldn’t get the vaccine. But most people don’t see it the way you do and so they probably will get the vaccine. Everyone has their own risk reward calculation.

2 Likes
4 Likes

I was going to post that twitter post. I actually got a shingles vaccine shot about 4 weeks ago. Had it about 1.5 weeks after my last rapamycin dose, then I waited another week or so before I took another rapamycin dose.

The day after my shingles vaccine I felt like I was coming down with the flu - body aches and pain, low energy, just stayed home. The following day I felt great again.

I think that warning above is primarily targeted at the organ transplant patients, using rapamycin daily to lower their immune system.

3 Likes