Coffee linked to Longevity

I am a long term coffee drinker 2 cups a day for decades. I put my Taurine, Collagen, AKG and Glycine in it. Easiest way to take these supplements.

Now muscle protection and prevention of sarcopenia.

Molecule in Coffee… Trigonelline helps aging muscles link:

Nice.

7 Likes

A little weekend rant:
Why has nature gifted me with a taste for things that are not good for me?
Why do I like candy, cake, ice cream, pie, etc.? Is it just the sugar?
Now, I really don’t eat much of these things, but I would love to do so.

I really appreciate that Dr. Fraser is a forum member and provides many health insights.

I visited Dr. Fraser’s website today and read his blog on coffee.
Now I have learned once again what my taste buds prefer is not as good for me.
Of course, I like the coffee that has the least benefits, Arabica dark roasts, while the lighter roasted Robusta coffee has the most benefits.

“Moreover, it has been demonstrated that caffeoylquinic acid
derivatives also exert neuroprotective effects (Hur et al., 2001;
Soh et al., 2003). In detail, it is reported that 3,5-diCQA exhibited
neuroprotective properties against neuronal cell death; this can
be useful for brain protection, as well as in the treatment of
neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease,
Parkinson’s disease and ischemia (Kim et al., 2005)”

“The contents of caffeine did not vary, but trigonelline decreased with burning up intensity. Chlorogenic acids also decreased with increasing roasting time. The 5-O-caffeoylquinic acid prevailed in Arabica and Robusta beverages, but the isomers of dicaffeoylquinic and feruolilquínic acids remained higher in Robusta”

https://sci-hub.se/10.3109/09637486.2011.588594

3 Likes

Yeah - I recently realized the “good stuff” is found in greater quantities in the lesser roasts. So I am mixing my dark roast beans with medium roast beans before grinding. I’ll see how low I can go roast wise.

And definitely agree with your shout-out to @DrFraser The insights and rationales he gives when treating his patients are invaluable. I hope he is celebrating the holiday with loved ones and Dimmies!

2 Likes

I understand the lighter roasts have more caffeine too. That’s enough reason for me.

4 Likes

@desertshores @RapAdmin
Thank you so much!
I do my best to positively contribute. I’m really grateful to RapAdmin for making this possible.
I’ve learned a lot more than I’ve contributed. It is an amazing group of people on this board, and has led me to investigate things I would not have otherwise.
Learning from patients is among the most valuable lessons - and the group here is like a group of super smart patients who poke and prod at everything - and challenge everything.
Again - a great group, and just a huge benefit to me! Maybe a year from now I’ll be at a level where I can contribute more than I learn.

12 Likes