Coffee - Best Brands for Longevity

Does anyone know which brands of coffee have the most chlorogenic acid and longevity-linked polyphenols? I’ve been using Starbucks and Peet’s, but they take all of the good stuff out! (However, I like the taste)

Can anyone recommend a better brand(s) (health-wise) that has a similar taste yet is healthier?

Or is there a way to tell from ingredients/nutrituional information which is healthiest?

1 Like

Light roast, robusta blends :face_vomiting: (often quite literally because high chlorogenic acid coffees upset my stomach) I just continue drinking my dark roasted neapolitan blends​:yum:

1 Like

Yes, I believe light roasted robusta is best. For a dark roast, arabica is better.

I think I need a dark roast. Any healthy brands or versions out there?

I found a popular and trendy Japanese Roaster here where you can specify your bean and roast. I’m going to try a Medium Dark Arabica Blend. Here’s hoping it tastes as good as it sounds.

Robusta really needs a dark roast, arabica can be used both light and dark but I leave the light roasts for the 3rd wave hipsters. I always drink traditional neapolitan blends like Passalacqua Mexico Plus or Kimbo Espresso Neapolitana because I like them

1 Like

I try to avoid dark roast coffee which is considered the least healthy. I like Kenia beans (many brands), light roast.

2 Likes

You will be hard pressed to find light roast in the Mediterranean though…

1 Like

This tells you how much chlorogenic acid is in each type of roast.

2 Likes

Drink dark. Drink more. :grin: I like the fact that dark roast tastes the best to me and I can drink more of it than light or medium roast.
In dark roasted coffee beans, I like them to be very dark and very greasey with a sheen.
Peet’s MAJOR DICKASON’S BLEND is one I like, but I usually buy the Costco house brand of dark roast coffee.
I drink about 24 to 36 ounces of coffee daily.

3 Likes

Must be organic coffee, because coffee producing often involve much pesticide and herbicide…

Personally I am drinking MOUNT HAGEN organic coffee brand now.

1 Like

I used to only drink tea but recently got on the Purity coffee train (Instagram ads…) They claim to test for acrylamides, mould and various toxins. They are very expensive… I get their medium roast. They are extremely communicative and sent me a paper with test results on request.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that the people in the studies that linked coffee consumption with longevity and other health benefits don’t all drink fancy organically grown labratory tested coffee but mostly just the regular stuff from the supermarket or served in cafetarias or at work…

2 Likes

There are some interesting effects from espresso. (In vitro). I drink espresso but chlorogenic acid is high in green coffee beans, so I don’t think here is much of it in espresso.

3 Likes

Hi everyone, i have not tried yet but am going to take the bf 20% off today for DangerCoffee.com. i think it is regularly $24.95 for 10.9oz… Dave Asprey claims it is mold free (he claims america does not prohibit mold/mildew in coffee) and contains trace minerals. I currently take Costco coffee in the morning with ghee or mct oil to not break the fast and feel fuller longer from the fat and blend it 30-45 seconds to get “structured water” (per one of his books structured water is readily usable by the body). Happy holidays!

1 Like

I completely agree, but I personally am a health nut, so I pursue my little health nut pleasures :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really? As opposed to regular unstructured water that is not readily usable by the body?
Asprey is becoming unhinged and I don’t take much he has to say seriously.

2 Likes