Chinese Scientists Claim They Can Reverse Aging

“It’s hoped that the therapy - which uses hydrogen - will not only stop the ageing process but could also prevent common diseases in the elderly like Alzheimer’s.”

4 Likes

It looks like this is the paper in question: Local H2 release remodels senescence microenvironment for improved repair of injured bone | Nature Communications.

1 Like

“According to the paper published, the implant will deliver a slow and consistent release of hydrogen for up to a week - much higher than the 30 minute limit that hydrogen-rich water gives you.”

Maybe time to revisit the hydrogen water I was taking and increase consumption to several times per day.

2 Likes

How do you make the water? Do you use 35% food grade HP?

There is an older thread on how to make hydrogen water.

1 Like

I don’t see anything in the paper that suggests this technique reverses aging in any sort of general way, it’s very much focused on improving bone healing in aged organisms. So it does help old bone heal in a more youthful way, but that seems to be about the extent of it. Here’s what the GPT summary had to say:

The paper primarily focuses on the application of this technique in bone repair for the elderly and doesn’t extensively discuss its implications for promoting longevity more generally. Its main contribution is demonstrating how local hydrogen release can combat senescence (age-related decline in cell function) in bone tissue, thereby improving repair processes in aged individuals. While this could indirectly suggest broader applications in combating age-related decline, the paper is specifically tailored to bone repair and doesn’t delve deeply into general longevity enhancement.

The scientists quoted seem to think there is potential for other tissues, which is intriguing for sure, but so far doesn’t look like there’s any evidence for that.

1 Like

Total aside but I love when british people call scientists “boffins”

2 Likes

The article says the Chinese published in Nature Communications.

This seems to be that publication.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-023-43618-z

1 Like