Change in rapamycin/sirolimus sourcing for Healthspan

Hi All. I’ve been getting my Rapamycin from Healthspan (https://gethealthspan.com/), at the recommendation of folks on this site. So far, so good.

It appears that Healthspan has changed its supplier of rapamycin to Dr. Reddy’s (https://www.drreddys.com/), which appears to be based in India. I don’t recall who the previous supplier was, although I may be able to track it down.

Has anyone here noticed this recent change? Does anyone have experience (good, bad or neutral) with Dr. Reddy’s? Quality and purity are always a priority and I don’t have any good way to verify in this case.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey there, I get my rapamycin which is sirolimus through my physician’s prescription at an American pharmacy and for 1-year used Dr. Reddy. No problems with quality and LabCorp tests… the good stuff. Dr. Reddy was used in animal testing.

Now insurance has me using Greenstone Rapamune. Just as good

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! Is there as specific LabCorp test to test for sirolimus levels, or are you referring to all the other LabCorp tests which you get in health and longevity?

1 Like

When you get a blood test you can ask for a Labcorp sirolimus test to get your trough.

If you then go back after taking your dose two hours later you can get your C-max.

Trough

C-max this was when doing 6mg with one red grapefruit juice. Pretty high dose 38. Have since reduced to 6 mg to 12 mg maximum.

C-max last test 2mg and with one red grapefruit juice.

Your insurance covers it? That’s fortunate. If anyone is getting it covered under Medicare/United HealthCare, let me know.

1 Like

Following interested in Medicare also

1 Like

Hi there. Just following up on this suggestion.

I’ve ordered a Sirolimus test. It sounds like you are saying that this test should be taken just before a weekly dose? I’ve been taking 5mg once per week. So, it would make sense to take this at the end of this time period just before the next dose? Does it matter if I’m in a fasted state?

Also, it sounds like you are saying that you get the same blood test on the same day, but 2 hours after the first one and after you have taken the weekly dose? I don’t know what C Max refers to exactly but assume it’s just a likely high point of sirolimus in the blood.

Is that correct?

N

1 Like

Hello.

I actually get my trough… and the C-max in my blood, because I want to know the amount of Sirolimus that is in me. I take sometimes higher or unpredictable doses due to GFJ multiplication.

I usually want to make sure my trough is at a low point under 1 before to know I am not turning off MTOR too much. I then dose to see what my top number is C-max.

That said, you probably don’t need to do a trough. If you’re taking 5 mg once a week by the end of the week, your trough should be zero, so if you took a blood test, you would get 0. Probably a waste of your time and money.

What you want to do is to take your Sirolimus/rapamycin dose… with or without GFJ and wait 2 hours. 2 full hours and then go get your blood test done. You will see how much rapa is getting through… and if you are getting legit medication - real rapa.

Hope that helps.

I do get a trough and then dose and get my C-max because insurance covers both.

1 Like

Hi, I recommend you read this thread - it covers the testing and the rationale behind the testing: How to get a Rapamycin (sirolimus) Blood Level Test

2 Likes

Let us know if the new meds come back with good results. I’ll be in the same boat eventually.

If you take only one blood test I suggest testing at 48 hours after dosing. That will tell you a lot more than testing a few hours after or just before you take the next dose. Ideally you take two blood tests, one at 48 hours and another at 96 hours so you can calculate your half-life. I wouldn’t test the level just before taking the next dose, that gives you very little information. Also I wouldn’t test just a few hours after dosing either, that will not tell you much other than whether your pills contain rapamycin or not. Good luck and please post your results here.

2 Likes

I"ve been taking rapamycin for over 2 years and my pharmacy (Rite Aid) fills my Rx with Dr. Reedy’s brand. When I learned about the availability of RapaPro from International AntiAging Systems (IAS), I started ordering it. I have done sirolimus blood testing on myself for both brands and I get good plasma levels with both…ranging from 5.0 to 7.4 ng/mL

5 Likes

If you get your prescription from Dr. Green and have it filled at the pharmacy close to his office, you will get Dr. Reddy. I suspect the majority of his patients do this.