Canagliflozin - Another Top Anti-aging Drug

That’s really thorough guide, very appreciate your work

Yes I’ve tried extended metformin, and it has less side effect.
But I exercise everyday, I don’t want to inhibit mTor all the day. Extended form may limit exercise benefit
So I use immediate-release form before bed, then exercise in the afternoon, hoping metformin not interfering exercise too much

ITP result of Metformin is a bit disappointing. I am waiting for TAME trial
Before a more conclusive result of whether Metformin can extend lifespan of human, I may still use Met, but in low dose

Hence the ITP result of Canagliflozin is exciting
This article suggests Metformin + Canagliflozin may be an option to try

Thanks for sharing your experience in IndiaMart, that’s really help
Following your guide, I will buy 240 tablets from this reseller ( Invokana Canagliflozin 300mg $0.63 per tablet), and to see if the drug is true. Then alternate other reseller next time

For the urinary tract infections risk of Cana, I will take probiotic and D-mannose to reduce infection likelihood
I choose these two probiotic brands (Based on the Labdoor ranking Labdoor - Best Probiotics Supplements, and price consideration)
Schiff Digestive Advantage Daily Probiotic
Garden of Life Primal Defense Ultra Probiotic Formula
(If you have other good probiotic to recommend, please let us know)

This Forum is a gem!
Really appreciate your work again

4 Likes

Update:

I’ve ordered 240 Canagliflozin tablets from “Marksans Pharma Limited” in “IndiaMart” weeks ago
( Invokana Canagliflozin 300mg, $0.63 per tablet)

Today I received a email from Sureroute Courier Services (shipping company)
He said my good had been intercepted in airport
I need to give him NOC/INSURANCE CERTIFICATE or pay fine of US$148.00

Here is the email:

=========================

Dear Customer,

We wish to bring to your notice, that your parcel with reference number
XXXXXXXXXX(I hide it for private information) from Marksans Pharma Limited India, is on hold at Beijing
Capital International Airport, China, where security operatives had
intercepted it demanding for NOC/INSURANCE CERTIFICATE or fine of
US$148.00 before they can allow it for further shipment.

You are requested to transfer the above amount to our branch office in
India where your parcel was dispatched from to enable us use the company
payment gateway to reconcile with the airport authority and recommend
for the immediate release of your parcel.

Use the below payment details to send payment to our branch
office India where your parcel was dispatched from:

PAYMENT DIRECTION:
Receivers first name: Nirmala
Receivers last name: Saud
Receivers amount: US$148.00
Receivers country: India
Receivers address: Andheri (West), Mumbai, Maharashtra 400053
Via: Western Union, MoneyGram or RIA Money

Regards
Sureroute Courier Services.

=========================

I suspect it’s a fraud
I also suspect this IndiaMart reseller is an accomplice

I already wrote an email to this IndiaMart reseller, ask him what happened to the shipping
But no response yet, still waiting…

I wonder anyone have met this situation?
What Should I do? any suggestion?

1 Like

This is really bizarre at many levels. To what country are you trying to ship it to?
When shipping to the USA I’ve only ever heard of people using IndiaMail SpeedPost EMS, or DHL or Fedex - for shipping. So I find it very strange that a courier company is being used. did you agree to that before hand? Usually people ask the shipping price options from the pharmacy - and specify the one that works best for them as outlined in the “Importing Rapamycin” post.

Usually its about $15 or $20 for the package being shipped by SpeedPost/EMS, and more expensive via DHL and Fedex.

Did you agree to that courier service before hand? Why did you choose that courier service?

If you are importing to another country - then it could be different.

1 Like

Yes I agree that’s really bizarre

I live in Taiwan
This IndiaMart reseller did ask me the country, then told me the shipping cost to my country is $43
He didn’t mention the shipping company, so I didn’t know he uses Courier Service as shipping company

Last time I bought rapamycin from another IndiaMart reseller(Varun Medicals, if anyone wants to know), the shipping cost is $40 via EMS by the way.

And I successfully got the rapamycin within 3 weeks from Varun Medicals.

But this time I forgot to ask him(Marksans Pharma Limited) the shipping company
I should read your “Importing Rapamycin” more carefully!

I will update the progress
And share the experience to people who want to buy medicine on IndiaMart too

2 Likes

So which India pharmacies work, and which ones work through methods other than wire/bank transfer? (all of those impose extra fees if you come from the US).

1 Like

All in the list seem to be good (have been used by 1 or more people with successful results) - but I think pretty much all of them require a bank wire transfer or money transfer using something like wise.com or tazapay.com, etc.

1 Like

Perhaps of interest to people:

2 Likes

How do you minimize risk, which although is low can be serious? Is there a change in the urinary environment which increases the possibility of UTI or genital infection? If so, is that related to the amount of sugar excreted and therefore the importance of diet in avoiding such risk? If not, what is the mechanism and what, if anything can be done to minimize the risk associated with canagliflozin? And since a known rapamycin risk is the possibility of bacterial infection, are we setting up a higher risk situation by taking rapa and canagliflozin together?

1 Like

These are all really good questions, and I think we do need to try to get answers to them.

I may be wrong, but my thinking is that the UTI risk is higher for females, so I’ve been less concerned about that (as a male).
I also take a lower dose (10mg of empagliflozin) - and do it in a pulsed dosing - approx. 3 weeks on, 1 week off. Not that there is any research to support this approach.
I also have Azithromycin on hand if I get any bacterial infections - so can immediately start taking it if I do have any problems.

2 Likes

I just priced Canagliflozin at Alldaychemist. $2.20 per 100 mg tablet. They are reliable, but that is quite a bit higher than what I was expecting. Are there any other proven reliable India pharmacies?

See our list of reliable online pharmacies

Check out canagliflozin and empagliflozin

@RapAdmin What do you think about taking Canagliflozin PRN, on days when the diet is planned to be less than optimal? Do you see it working quickly enough to matter on your CGM? I use enough carb restriction to not need it on most days, but then there are days when I know I’m not going to be good. Acarbose PRN has led to some awful gastric upset, so I’m not using it any longer.

2 Likes

Here is my experience with canagliflozin:

Canagliflozin for Anti-aging - One Month and 4 Month Updates

I’ve been taking 10mg empagliflozin for the past two months and its been going well. It has a big impact on flattening gluocose spikes, which seems to be a good thing for anti-aging (in males). I generally try to avoid processed foods and simple carbs - but do eat a lot of salads which can sometimes have a higher carb load, or some fruit like apples, which I like.

I also dose acarbose occasionally with meals when I haven’t taken empagliflozin or later in the day if I’ve taken empagliflozin earlier in the morning - but have the same issue as you with acarbose - a lot of gas most of the time, so its far from optimal.

5 Likes

https://www.goodrx.com/sglt2-inhibitors

Wow these are super-expensive outside of India

Yes… $600 per month vs $60 a month from India.

I’ve been taking it on an as needed basis too. This is because I’ve read reports of fatigue and because SGLT2i selectively reduce levels of blood glucose only when it is high.

So at least as far as the CGM related benefits go, I don’t see a need unless there’s a high carb meal.

I however don’t know about other benefits or disadvantages. I’ve imagined that the cardioprotective and renal-protective properties of SGLT2i are downstream from lowering the blood glucose. But I might be wrong.

2 Likes

Dr Brad Stanfield believes SGLT2 inhibitors will be first longevity drugs prescribed by clinicians.

Despite his views on supplements, Stanfield believes that there are systems in place to allow longevity interventions to end up in clinical use, especially the Interventions Testing Program run by the US National Institute on Aging. He cites results seen in SGLT2 inhibitor Canagliflozin as an example.

“The Interventions Testing Program reported a median 14% lifespan extension in male mice with this medication,” says Stanfield. “That’s very interesting, but needs more work, and that work is being done in the clinical field.”

SGLT2 inhibitors are already being used to treat Type 2 diabetes, but Stanfield says clinical work is now indicating that these medications could also have an impact in heart failure, chronic kidney disease and weight loss.

“In terms of a so-called longevity medication, I think that SGLT2 inhibitors will be the first ones that will be prescribed and made widely available. That’s because they appear to provide significant protective effects for the kidneys. Our kidney function starts to decline from around the age of 30, so if we can use SGLT2 inhibitors to slow down or prevent that decline, that would be a powerful intervention. Of course, we’re waiting on the human data to come through, but there is a robust way of these things getting through to people.”

Read the full story:

6 Likes

A new SGLT2 inhibitor paper (open access):

Sodium-glucose-cotransporter 2 inhibitors (SGLT2is) demonstrate large cardiovascular benefit in both diabetic and non-diabetic, acute and chronic heart failure patients. These inhibitors have on-target (SGLT2 inhibition in the kidney) and off-target effects that likely both contribute to the reported cardiovascular benefit. Here we review the literature on direct effects of SGLT2is on various cardiac cells and derive at an unifying working hypothesis. SGLT2is acutely and directly (1) inhibit cardiac sodium transporters and alter ion homeostasis, (2) reduce inflammation and oxidative stress, (3) influence metabolism, and (4) improve cardiac function.

2 Likes

empagliflozin is way better - Cost-effectiveness of empagliflozin versus canagliflozin, dapagliflozin, or standard of care in patients with type 2 diabetes and established cardiovascular disease - PMC

2 Likes

Another new SGLT2i study with good results :smiley:

Full Paper:

5 Likes