Can you share your Longevity / HealthSpan Regime?

What brand Urolithin A and how much? You’re way ahead of me on this one. My grand kids eat pomegranate like it’s candy but I actually don’t even like it. How much in a pomegranate?

Thanks for the idea

1 Like

This is one that I’ll try. I’m pretty sure you can get a free sample. TBH, I haven’t looked around too much, I’m waiting to finish up my AKG before switching over. I’m sure there are cheaper options.

The chinese supplement raw materials companies are starting to offer cheaper Urolithin A products - but as is always the case, who knows what the actual content is, what the quality is, and how consistent it is? I’d be very suspect of the cheaper offshore versions of Urolithin A, we saw the results in the Amazon.com-sourced NMN a while back - most were junk:

Report on NMN supplement products: (this study only looked at the % NMN, not for any contaminants)
(and this doesn’t even touch the broader issue of whether NMN is at all effective in increasing healthspan or lifespan - as there is no good human data on that yet, and many opposing views).

Out of 22 NMN Brands tested:

• 14% had at the level, or above, level of claimed NMN
  • 23% had between 89 and 99% of the claimed level of NMN
  • 64% had NMN had under the method detection or reporting limit, or under 1% of claimed NMN
  • 14% had no NMN

Summary:

DETAILS:

Quantitative Analysis of 22 NMN Brands - Lab Analysis / Quality Analysis

Video: 22 NMN Brands Independently Tested | SHOCKINGLY POOR RESULTS FOR MANY BRANDS

4 Likes

It does seem as though it’s getting more and more exposure. I don’t think it will be too long before it gets picked it up by the press and they run with it.

1 Like

Even the people living in Hong Kong know to be very wary of Chinese supplements/food/etc… Source your product from somewhere other than China!

2 Likes

No Urolithin in the pomegranate - it feeds something in your microbiome that creates Urolithin as it consumes the pomegranate.
Obviously if you don’t have that particular gut bacteria you won’t produce any no matter how much pomegranate you eat. Hence people go for the supplement because of not knowing their microbiome composition.

2 Likes

Hi desertshore

You take 12mg with grapefruit so this generally should be equivalent to 36mg (3X) a week?

Now I am just taking 10 mg/week with EVOO and a glass of whole milk.
The 12 mg with GFJ was just a little too much for my system.

1 Like

Wow I was wondering. Thought that guy is taking it to a new level ! thanks for the info!

1 Like

FYI - I was doing 38 ng/mL for about 7-months. Based on biological tests, I think the higher dose undid a lot of good that the lower 6 mg dosage was having. I am doing a rapamycin wash-out and reset.

I will start fresh on lower dose in 3 weeks - build to 6mg and stay there.

1 Like

Could i suggest you consider using a lower frequency? Clearly there are upsides and downsides to inhibiting mTOR. I think the main upside is autophagy which does not want to be continuous. Perhaps a 4 weekly 2-3 day fast with rapa part way into day 1 would encourage autophagy, but a spring clean of mitochondria does not have to be every week.

3 Likes

Thanks John… I do plan on retesting in 7 months.

I did learn from a PEARL trial participant… that they are requiring a glycan baseline biology test to see if at the end there are improvements.

So PEARL thinks it is a legitimate bio marker. They are working with the best. Good enough for me.

That would be a smart move for the United States. Dr. Green believes that China will be the vanguard of widespread rapamycin usage. They have a rapidly aging population and no safety nets.

2 Likes

I use the same brand as Paul_2.0. If you were lucky, you could get the same effect by drinking six glasses of pomegranate juice, sugar, be damned. But apparently only 40% of the population has the necessary gut bacteria to produce it.

3 Likes

Thanks for figuring that out. I did buy a decent sized bottle of pomegranate juice, but it wasn’t cheap. I’m thinking the supp might be cheaper.

Also as you both pointed out we have no way of knowing whether it would work on me anyway.

What about bulk pomegranate powder that some companies sell. I am wondering if that would work. We also need to find a test to see if we have the right gut bacteria.

Hi Agetron, is that with GFJ?
So are you aiming 6mg rap + GFJ … So about 18-21mg equivalent?
Thanks

1 Like

Hello L_Hayes -
I was doing 6mg with one fresh squeezed Red Grapefruit juice to drink with the pills and I was getting about 36 ng/mL for 7 months. My biolgical age went from low to higher (37 years to 51 years - lost 15 years) with GlycanAge and TruMe. Not good. So, I have lowered my dose 1/3 since the last time I dosed.

Now I am doing 2mg with GFJ and getting about 12 ng.mL with 10 days between dosing. My weight is already picking up a few pounds (not a bad thing as I was pretty shredded - no fat). Maybe too thin.

I am not convinced that the higher dose (38 ng/mL) for 7 months was better for me. I am going to go with about a total 12 mg dose and retest in 6 months and see if my biological age improves - i.e. goes back down.

3 Likes

I am still struggling to understand why many of my epigenetic markers got worse after taking rapamycin for over a year.

Before taking rapamycin my epigenetic age on the Levine and the Aging.Ai tests my phenotypic age on the Levine test was 63 yrs old. After 1+ year on rapamycin, my phenotypic age is 73 yrs old. I am ~82 years old.

My primary longevity regimen for decades, exercise and supplementation:

Exercise

Time-restricted feeding (TRF)

Low carb diet

Metformin

Melatonin

Lithium

Various other supplements intermittently

FWIW: New article on TRF pointed out on Twitter by

Professor at Salk Institute, Satchin Panda

3 Likes

That may be glucose. I think you gave the details before. Both systems are very responsive to glucose.

1 Like